Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 02:00 AM

Default 3-way action with AK in SB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
Old 10-02-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: 3-way action with AK in SB

How about a little more information on Mr. cap the flop guy, or the calling station in between.

My guess is nice hand, the turn 3 bet scares me, but since he just called, river bet looks good.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:09 AM

Perfect, standard.

What was the issue here? Seems fairly obvious, pump pump pump.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:02 AM

Well played. 1 question though, what was your plan if you din't improve on the turn?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:08 AM

Looks like a busted flush draw to me. I call the flop raise. Lead the turn when the flush card does not come.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is nice hand, the turn 3 bet scares me, but since he just called, river bet looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods* If I'm getting raised here after a capped flop I'm thinking about a possible set for villian. Luckily he didn't cap the turn here, so he didn't have the set. nh
Old 10-02-2005, 10:24 AM

I agree with your flop 3-bet, because button could have been raising the flop with a flush or straight draw to try to get a free card.

However, when button caps the flop and raises your turn bet, I suspect that he may have a set. I would have started to slow down at this point.

So I would have preferred to call button's turn raise as opposed to 3-betting. The pot was big enough to see whether you make a boat on the river.

On the river, I suspect that UTG folded a busted straight or flush draw. I would have preferred to check/call for the chance that button had a weaker 2 pair hand.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your flop 3-bet, because button could have been raising the flop with a flush or straight draw to try to get a free card.

However, when button caps the flop and raises your turn bet, I suspect that he may have a set. I would have started to slow down at this point.

So I would have preferred to call button's turn raise as opposed to 3-betting. The pot was big enough to see whether you make a boat on the river.

On the river, I suspect that UTG folded a busted straight or flush draw. I would have preferred to check/call for the chance that button had a weaker 2 pair hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is my line as well.