Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who Leads A Sadder Existence?
Vince Lepore 78 37.86%
Leonardo 40 19.42%
FossilMan 13 6.31%
Vince and Leonardo Should Get Together 75 36.41%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2005, 06:52 PM

Default River Poll

I was chastized for my river play by a sweater here, I thought it was a no-brainer.

40-80. Folded around to me in the cut-off and I raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Button, who will 3-bet here with the usual suspect cards, 3-bets. Small blind folds, and big blind, usually tightish and conservatish, but perhaps a little bit on tilt, but respectful of both my game and button's, cold calls and I call.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Big blind checks, I bet and button raises. Big blind cold-calls again and I call.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Big blind now bets. I call. Button raises, big blinds calls and I 3-bet. Button hesitates a long time and finally folds. Big blind calls.

River is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Big blind checks.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: River Poll

I voted for what I would do, which was bet and call a raise. I actually think what you should do is bet and fold to the raise, your smooth call 3-bet on the turn pretty much spells out your hand so a river checkraise is very bad for your flush. I am not strong enough mentally to bet-fold and not have it bother me the rest of the night so I make the crying call.

On the flop, isn't your nut flush/straight/overcard draw worth a value 3-bet? I'm pretty sure I 3-bet there everytime which would make my turn raise seem more natural when BB bets out.

The turn smoothcall worked out perfectly here (did you have a tell?), my gut is telling me a straight forward raise gets more money in the long run though.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:08 AM

Check behind. It's the wise move.

-Zeno
Old 06-18-2005, 02:29 AM

Default What do you guys put him on?

All of you who voted bet the river?
Old 06-18-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: What do you guys put him on?

[ QUOTE ]
All of you who voted bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't put him on anything. He certainly hasn't given me enough information to think that a flush is no good.

-Eric
Old 06-18-2005, 05:01 AM

I can't see how you can consider checking behind. The button's hand is represented as an overpair, so why would BB not have 3-bet the turn with 2pair/set?
Old 06-18-2005, 08:10 AM

Hi Andy,

I'd bet the river here almost 99% of the time here, and this is the 1% of the time I do not. Check it down.

The A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is out already.

He won't have K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] if he's a solid BB player like you say.

And if he's tilty enough to play small suited connectors in BB cuz he's on tilt...but then what are the chances?

Lawrence
Old 06-18-2005, 08:28 AM

KJs is not out of the realm of possibility for even a snug BB player. Fox opened from the CO and button made a suspect reraise. I'm calling with KJs here with impunity.

However, everything about BB this hand screams 88 or 66 to
me...especially the cold-call/bet out combo. The call of the raise on the turn makes plenty of sense, seeing as though he can keep fox on the hook for 1 more BB and see a safe river before he throws out any more aggression, all while (presumably) denying the chance of a 3-bet.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everything about BB this hand screams 88 or 66 to
me...especially the cold-call/bet out combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and I couldn't have articulated this better than gonores did. Check behind.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: What do you guys put him on?

bb can have a smaller flush (or even a straight) but in your nitted up commerce day game maybe bb simply must have a fh and you should fold to a c/r. only you know the answer.

anyway not betting here is criminal.