Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Defending my blind

I'm trying to improve my play in blind stealing situations, so I'd appreciate any comments on this hand where I was defending.

This was my second orbit but it was already evident that this was a tight aggressive table -- lots of open raising, few players in each pot(I left a little time later).

The only thing I knew about the villain was that he open raised in the CO and stole the blinds a few hands before.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

I think there's a good chance SB is FOS so I semi-bluff raise with my OCs &amp; crappy BD draws. If he 3-bets I'll call and fold the turn UI.

Turn: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

His bet tells me I'm probably behind so I call with my overcards &amp; gutshot.

Thanks

rgb
Old 11-02-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Defending my blind

You're almost certainly behind on the turn, and I don't think you have 10 outs to improve to best. I fold the turn, and I also don't mind folding the flop without a good read.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:39 AM

*grunch*

preflop: I don't usually worry about blind steals at 1/2, so I'll leave that to someone else. I probably would have folded.

post-flop: Adter villian raised, since this is such a small pot, I probably would have folded once he raised or on the turn UI. I don't consider picking up the gutshot good enough to consider calling the turn.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 AM

I would have called the flop bet and on the turn raising is much better than calling IMO.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:22 AM

I think our folding equity on the flop is very poor without raising preflop.