Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 05:01 PM

Default a note to the forum (NC, no strategy, will be locked)

Recently, a few things have come up which caught my attention and are a cause for concern.

There are at least a few members of this forum that do not respect me because I have been running well and moving up faster than I should. It's almost definitely true--I've been achieving good results since August, over a set of approximately 100,000 hands. I don't consider myself good enough of a player to achieve those without at least some help from variance. However, I do think I am good enough to at least be beating the games I play in.

There are also some people (mostly the same) who do not respect me as a poster because sometimes I say things that make me sound egotistical and stubborn. I really don't mean to come across like that, and I was surprised when I was talking to one of the people in the forum and they told me that I could be perceived that way. I'm not like that at all in real life and in no way do I think I am better than the other players in this forum. This attitude is something I will continue to work on as time progresses.

On a different topic, I've pretty much stopped posting hands altogether as of recently. There was that one J9o thread (which really wasn't a hand post and was ill received) but other than that I am very uncreative and mostly just reply to strategy questions that are posed in this forum. Even though some of my replies are quick and one line statements, it still takes time out of my day -- and (what most people don't know) I am a student who is taking classes that are very difficult for me, leaving me little time to spare. If my posts are unappreciated it will be beneficial to my grades to post less--so please be sure to let me know.

As a side note on running good, I think the reason people think I run so well is that I rarely complain about downswings. There was approximately a 30K stretch of hands between the end of september to late October where I made $0 + rakeback. This included two 10K+ drops over certain stretches and left me thinking about my game. But I never came into the forum to plea for help or ask for pity--I just kept on truckin', hoping that it was due to variance.

There are definitely some things I need to work on as a poster here and as a poker player, and I am focusing on doing those things. But you all are going to have to bear with me while I do that.

PS: a note to a few posters.

Naphand: thanks for a few kind words in your recent post.

Imitation: I am sorry to hear about your downswing, and I am sorry to hear about your lack of respect for me as a player. I will stop replying to your threads since it seems that is what you want. However, when a downswing is as large as yours, you should at least spend some time trying to re-establish your game and getting better as a player. Blaming everything on variance and expressing bitterness towards players who are on the + side of variance will not make it go away.

brazilio: I don't know why your recent hostility has been so magnified. You used to make comments about me being a giant luckbox in a serious but funny-toned way, but a few of your recent posts have been really negative.

Oreogod: I don't think there is any need for you to reply to every post someone makes about me moving up, telling them how and why I was able to move up so quickly. When it comes down to it, it doesn't really matter--if I am not a winner at the levels I am at, I will ultimately lose all my money.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: a note to the forum (NC, no strategy, will be locked)

3-bet the flop.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:06 PM

lol,

i thought the soap operas were over by mid afternoon....

bring on the Jerry Springer!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny that the same people who expect a certain level of maturity from me make posts like this, exhibiting nothing more than their own immaturity.

I know who you are, and I expect better from you.

PS. I am no longer going to reply to this thread. Please keep the thread civilized until Surfbullet locks it. Thank you.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:10 PM

pretty much everyone goes through this on 2+2, even the really skilled.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:13 PM

I used to think your posts were annoying as hell because of the attitude, and I only put that so bluntly because I have been reading them lately and you've definitely changed. not that I'm a pinnacle of maturity or anything (I'm 23), but IMO you've turned into a really good poster and I usually open threads I see you've posted in. as far as the ego thing, I can still detect some pride for having accomplished what you have, but there should be - it's something to be proud of.

also in addition to the attitude thing you have obviously gotten much better at poker.

no hard feelings I hope.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:14 PM

No one should care how you run.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:15 PM

You know I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 05:16 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

as a 17 or 18 year old or whatever, you have a lot more important things to worry about than how a bunch of people you'll never meet perceive you. you should be a lot more confident in yourself than to worry about this stupidity.

get laid
get [censored] up
make money
get good grades

stuff like internet people being jealous of you only blocks your immediate goals of getting laid, getting [censored] up, making money, and getting good grades. in making your post, you wasted 10 minutes of time you could've spent getting laid, getting [censored] up, making money, or getting good grades [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

life gets progressively worse starting from your 18th birthday so enjoy it while it lasts
Old 10-31-2005, 05:17 PM

I respect your posts a lot and hope that you will contineu to post here.
Closed Thread