Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Turning Stone

I remember when I first started going there a couple of years ago, there was always a 15/30 or 20/40 game going, and they were always awesome.
Now if it seems when I go there from thursday to sunday the 20 game doesn't run everyday and when it does it can break in a couple of hours.
On my latest visit there the 20 game went friday night (it was awesome), and it didn't go on saturday. Me and a friend tried to get it going, but the floorman told us that he would try to start the 20 game because two of the players on the list were on the 5/10 game and he would not endanger a full 5/10 game to start a short 20 game.
It seems lately that all they want to do is run the white chip limit and no limit games and 5/10. It just seems to me that they don't want to run a game where anyone has a descent chance of winning any money. Instead they want all the eighteen year olds to play no limit, and rake everything.
I used to go the stone a couple of times a month but now it just seems pointless. Can any locals tell me whether it has been like this all the time, or I have just been getting unlucky on timing.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone

they just dont have a high stakes cash game player pool. its dried up.

they will open a 20 game, or a 30 game, or a 100 game if they get enough players. thats not the problem. they just dont have the players.

however, its been policy that they dont break a game up to start up a new game. i dont remember the exactly policy, but i think they need to have 10 players to a table to take players out of it for a new game.

they will start a shorthanded 20/40 for you if you want, but they certainly arent going to jeopardize a full 5/10 game for a short 20/40 game that is likely to break within a couple of hours.