Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2004, 07:44 PM

Default Stuck in limbo

Well I have contemplating the move up to 1/2 for a while now. The only problem is I am concerned about the stat that matters most: bb/100 hands. I have profited nicely of bonus whoring, but my my bb/100 hands is an anemic 2.08. This is only over about 16k hands, so this might not mean much, but then again it might. I feel I should be crushing .5/1 for 4 per 100.

I'm not sure that I'm asking for reasurance, or guidance, or what. I guess to make this post meaningful I will ask a general question: you guys that moved up to 1/2, what was yr winrate and number of hands?

.5/1 has been a real variance rollrcoaster. I have never seen so many downswings -- over the course of playing .5/1 I have seen downswings of 190, 100, 120, 120, and most recently 150. Upswings: 120, 100, 120, and most recently 120. I never really experienced this at the nanolimits. I am getting psychological whiplash. I am not sure how much of this to expect in the future, or how "normal" this sort of wildness is. I will say this: I handle each downswing better than the last, but they are seriously cutting into my winnings. It's like a few seasons ago when the NY Giants went 9-7, starting 4-0 and ending 5-0, the coach said, "if it weren't for that 7 game losing streak we would be undefeated."

Comments, thoughts, ideas re: this rant with some questions interspersed?