Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Learning to fold

Opponent is 20/10/1.47 after 150 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.70 BB

I feel like I normally end up calling down after his raise, and end up losing. I figured he was passive, and this was a good time to practice my folding skills.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Learning to fold

i always fold this against almost every opponent, it would be very rare for me to do something else
Old 10-11-2005, 03:48 PM

standard, this is a very ugly board for your hand.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I normally end up calling down after his raise, and end up losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

normally calling this down is pretty bad. it seems like you think everyone is taking shots at you ALL THE TIME. a big part of playing short handed is knowing the players who are prone to making moves and identifying spots where they try them... usually when it's HU and a scare card comes on the turn.

here it's a standard hand protection check/raise in a 3way pot. worst case is you're looking at a weak jack. it takes a lunatic to try this move with something you're ahead of, at 5/10 at least. you would never call this down at a full table, right?
Old 10-11-2005, 03:52 PM

only way im continuing with this hand is if I have noted the villans acct as a draw raiser or overly aggressive drawer. You still need to get a feel for his holdings...
I have done this with only about 50/1800 people that i have sucessfully noted, and it really helps...
cdl