Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 05:03 PM

Default For those that hate variance

Variance Example: In the picture notice the win at showdown at 46.94%. If an average is 53% that is only a 9 hand difference in winning at showdown. This does not count folding on the flop, turn, tilt, and other factors. But consider that just those 9 hands at $48 a hand at the 3/6 level as a net loss at the river is $432. Not that far off from the total loss of this example.
http://www.texasholdempoker-stats.co...s/variance.gif

So take comfort that even though your bad luck seems like an eternal curse, its not that bad over a few thousand hands. Does not take much to suck the profit out of poker.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: For those that hate variance

nice vpip.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:18 PM

I had a 200 BB downswing in late Sept. If I had won four hands where I had greater than 95% equity on each flop, I would have been near breakeven.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:51 PM

Yea I used to go tilty when the losing began. 1 suckout then another suckout, then another. Of course this only purpetuated the tilt making me call more or fold more with the best hand as players changed tactics sensing I was tilting. After doing my own research I saw how small a change was needed to make winning to losing.

Yea 2 lagre pots can make a HUGE difference. Because when you lose you not only lose your money but the money you should have won.