Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 11:56 PM

Default AQs - What do you think of this?

CO and UTG are both LA-P's, SB looks TAGish, but a bit weak postflop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, CO calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

I wanna know what you think of the turn raise and the river bet.

edit: The two reads on CO and UTG are PT reads. I don't have their exact numbers, but they were both around 40/20/1.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: AQs - What do you think of this?

I think it's spewage. LPs aren't betting nothing, they're not folding anything, they're just going to call you down the majority of the time with anything on the board. The riverbet especially was bad in my opinion.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:00 AM

Ugh.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's spewage. LPs aren't betting nothing, they're not folding anything, they're just going to call you down the majority of the time with anything on the board. The riverbet especially was bad in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I agree about the river bet. The original plan was to fold out SB's AK (which he has nearing 100% of the time here), and then check behind the river.

When I got to the river I was like "huge pot, desperation bet."