Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 11:13 PM

Default $500+$60 Borgata Open Hand

I'd love to hear a few words about the following hand I played earlier today.
I'm the SB at a 10 handed table in the 6th hour of play. 350+ remain from a field of 1050+. Blinds are $300/$600 w/ $50 antes. Chip counts reflect approxomate counts after raises.

UTG Fold
UTG+1 Fold
MP1 raises to 2K, about 7K left. Has been raising alot since the blinds increased, apparantly stealing some pots without contest.
MP2 Fold
MP3 Fold
MP4 all-in for $2150
CO call. About 10K left, by far the most conservative player at the table.
B call, easily the loosest and most aggressive player at the table, raising lots of pots and loose calling standards as well. A good stack with about 15K after the call.
SB a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], all in for about $8800.

I don't figure anyone needs to have a good hand here, but i'm taking a few chances, the BB could wake up with something, the opener might actually have something this time, the conservative player has something, but will fold many hands that dominate mine, he may fold as good as aq, or a pair as high as 9's, in my estimation. The B could have just about anything and could call with anything reasonable. Even still, I think a highly likely outcome is i take my $6700 back and pay $2150 to run a race with the all-in player for a $9850 pot, which would about double me up. Although I'm not in danger of being blinded broke anytime real soon and I'll have the button next hand. with an M of just over 6, I thought there was enough to gain by risking my tourney here. I'll post the results after 3 or 4 responses. Thanks for the words of wisdom from anyone who posts.

--sean
Old 09-11-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: $500+$60 Borgata Open Hand

1)CO may fold eights, but he will call with a relatively big range *of the hands that he has already called with*, which all have you crushed;

2)Button will most assuredly not fold anything if it's folded back to him considering the odds he's getting, and you are not really ahead of his range either;

3)Your table image will be ruined even if this works.

I fold.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:34 PM

Well there are 4 players already in, your all in gives the two with chips left almost 3-1 on their money. Your M while a 6, isn't quite super critical and you don't have first in vig (lol - yes I got that from Mr. Harrington)

fold
Old 09-12-2005, 12:11 AM

looks like an easy fold. you must beat the all in player's hand if you move in there. i rather push with 56 suited then a weak ace in that spot. most of the time a short stack is pushing with an ace and more then half the aces beat your ace 5.

not worth it, fold.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:25 AM

thanks for the posts, here are the results:

original raiser folds as does the cutoff, button thinks and thinks and thinks and calls with 33. The all in flips over kqos. Other than the call from the button, I'm not too unhappy with what I see, the window card is a K and I don't hit anything, all-in increases his stack by almost 5x, and the B wins the sizeable sidepot with 33 and I bust out.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:52 AM

heads up maybe i push with a8 but only if i'm real desperate. no need for the push. sorry about the outcome