Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Quizes

Hello,

I, like others on this site, am trying to do some real work to try to improve my game. I have read multiple books (as I am sure most others have) and have tried to critically look at my game to find and fill leaks. Unfortunately, I am relatively new to the game, and admit that I lack the experience necessary to be a "great" player, though that is what I someday hope to be (with a lot of practice / work / math / luck / looking at my game / rinse and repeat)

Well, one of the most glaring leaks I see is my ability to read likely ranges of hands and how they might rate against mine. As this is a somewhat critical skill to be developed, I was wondering if a section could be set up with hand progressions that "quiz" the reader on what opponenet a, b, c, etc. might be holding. These might consist of anything from a real representation of a full hand, to situations that are set up with questions that follow (ala bridge).

I know that this kind of section would be very useful to many people, and would be extremely useful to beginners such as myself who, though I find GREAT use in reading the stratagy posts, need some of the skill sets to move to that level of understanding. I feel that a section such as this would be helpful for players of all levels.

Thank you for your time.

Fammy
Old 11-30-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Quizes

Have you read SSHE? That's the basic format for most of the book.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Quizes

Yes, I have read SSHE. I was thinking about something that is more recurrent (very similar to the bridge quizes that have been in such places as newspapers and the like).

Just a thought.

Fammy