Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 03:32 PM

Default New to Party NL50. Has it tightened up considerably?

Has the Party NL50 game tightened up considerably? I'm asking cuz I've only been playing NL50 there for the past 3 weeks. I used to find combined table VPIPs of 50%+ at NL25 prior to moving to Party, but at NL50 I'm happy to find VPIPs near 30% and often find games under 20%. I have other criteria for sitting down of course, but this is the most glaring difference.

I've also taken down the blinds by open raising 4xBB in EP more times than I could count (including my last several AA/KK hands). Should I generally come in for 3BB instead at NL50?

Also seeing mostly folds now when I attempt to value bet, which has me bluffing more frequently.

I was under the impression from previous posts that NL50 wasn't much different from NL25. Thanks for any guidance, just trying to adjust to the game. Maybe I'm just finding all the wrong tables, tho I do get PT reads on multiple tables before sitting down.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: New to Party NL50. Has it tightened up considerably?

I had made a similar observation yesterday. One other posted said that there is a similar phenomenon at limit games.

For what it's worth, I find the .5/1 100 NL PP game to have looser players than the .25/.50 50 NL PP game. I'm glad I moved up a little less than a month ago.

A similar post from yesterday
Old 09-27-2005, 04:22 PM

try 6 max .
Old 09-27-2005, 04:31 PM

Any recommended auto-rate settings for 6m?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:51 PM

faq
Old 09-27-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, I find the .5/1 100 NL PP game to have looser players than the .25/.50 50 NL PP game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I moved a few days while chasing one of my fish around. I noticed the exact same thing. At 50 NL there are way more fit or fold players. At 100 they don't believe you 'til they see your cards. I've played 100 the past few days and the games I played have been looser.