Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 11:06 PM

Default AKs flops two overs + flush draw. Take free turn card?

First orbit, villian unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero .....?</font>

I thought he was trying to trap me. But he could have a pair and I'd get the free showdown by betting. So I betted. Right or wrong?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: AKs flops two overs + flush draw. Take free turn card?

i like the bet..if he calls you prob get a free showdown. if he raises you have a lot of outs so call, then fold river unimproved.
i kinda feel that if he had a real hand he would check raise the flop. but who knows how these guys play
Old 06-14-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But he could have a pair and I'd get the free showdown by betting. So I betted. Right or wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think he has a pair, you are going to lose your free showdown with A hi to his pair, so I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by showing down a loser 'for free' since it's in no way free.

Getting checkraised here would suck IMO. I take the free card. If you hit your flush you can raise him if/when he bets into you and make your bet back.

If he's the type to call with overs and bluff the river, you can try and pick off a bluff on the river if you choose.

This is one of those boards that if I am putting one more BB in, I rather do it on the river, unless of course I make my hand.

YMMV,

Nigel
Old 06-14-2005, 11:52 PM

On turn your behind a 3,4,5,6 or 7 and your non-flush outs may not be clean. Take the free card. Call if you hit the A or K. Bet if you hit and are checked to on river.