Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 07:14 PM

Default is .25/.5 *that* different from .5/1??

Just started playing poker again after a year off, been playing the last 3 weeks at .25/.5 at Stars and I've made 600BB in that time.

So I started playing some .5/1 full ring at Party the last couple of days and it seems like there is a big difference in the 2 levels of play.

in the .25/.50 game at Stars there are often 5-6 players to the flop and quite often 3-4 still in at the river.

with about 500 hands now at Party .5/1, I notice *maybe* 3-4 to the flop and many times the turn and river are HU.

Is this typical for this level of play at Party or did I just hit some tight tables?

As a side note - I started playing online in 2003 and played off and for about a year with about 50,000 hands played at .5/1 at Party, the games there seem to be much tighter than what I remember.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: is .25/.5 *that* different from .5/1??

You must have missed the memo. When Party split from their 'skins', the tables apparently got a bit tighter.

I write 'apparently', because I haven't played since the split. Others can attest more to this than I can.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:45 PM

Table selection. Table selection. Table selection. Party is still juicy, especially at night.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Table selection. Table selection. Table selection. Party is still juicy, especially at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I did switch tables some, found a couple that were definitely better than the rest, I did ok last night but this morning and early afternoon (between 9am and 2pm) the tables were super tight and very aggro. They were night and day compared to the .25/.50 I'd been playing at Stars.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:01 PM

I play Party in the evenings from 5pm-8pm central most of the time. I can easily find 40+ VP$IP tables.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:02 PM

The skins (eurobet, empire and others) have propaly the tightest games on the internet right now. Especially if you play during evening (european time)
Old 11-11-2005, 11:07 PM

Party added .5/1 6-max games back in late June. My understanding is that most of the fish and LAGs migrated to the shorthanded games while the safe-aggressives and rocks stayed behind in full ring, but I can't really attest to that since I haven't played full ring in months.

Casual lobby observation does support the hypothesis that the Party full ring game has tightened up more than a little. Average pot sizes seem lower than what I remember.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must have missed the memo. When Party split from their 'skins', the tables apparently got a bit tighter.

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience, the split has made Party looser. The weak-tight bonus whores and rakeback addicts are grumbling about how they have to play at Empire because Party sucks.

I've been seeing very juicy tables at Party. Now if they'd only get some 2/4 6-max tables.