Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 09:26 PM

Default JJ I need help!

5/10 no limit I just sat down. I have played many hands with villian and know him very well.. he is loose and will stack off with top pair in raised pots.

I pick up red Jacks in the small blind and raise to $50 after one limper. Villian calls(has me covered) UTG,BB folds. Heads up to the flop.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet pot and villian calls.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet$220 ~roughly 2/3 pot. Villian min raises .. I only have about $550 and if I call I'm commiting myself. I'm confused!!! Any advice would be appreciated
-Obnxnole-
Old 11-09-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: JJ I need help!

fold!
next time!
check it!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold!
next time!
check it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Check turn I'm guessing?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:49 PM

right
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 PM

Why are u guys so angry...??? I'm a very capable player and I think you guys come off as arrogant to a lot of players on here. Tx for advice anyways.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are u guys so angry...??? I'm a very capable player and I think you guys come off as arrogant to a lot of players on here. Tx for advice anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
u say "u guys"
i agree foxwoods' was being a dick.

i wasnt trying to be rude.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not angry at all-just truly curious why you would post such an obvious, easy, and uninteresting hand. I was kind of assuming that you're a capable player-that's why I was so puzzled you would ask for help with this one.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:06 AM

Out of curiosity, if you check through, river comes a rag, and villain bets pot, do you fold?

I think I like betting here to A. give me the free river showdown and B. not get bluffed off my hand on the river (assuming the villain is capable of that move) and C. it sounds like, against thie villain, there might be value in betting turn with hands from JT-KT. Once the minraise happens the fold is pretty much the only line, but I think checking through this turn leaves lots of unknowns unless you are fairly positive villain will only bet the river with an A.

Which I guess is pretty likely. So maybe I do like a turn check. I donno, it just seems so weak. You don't strike me as weak, flawless.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:19 AM

I agree OBnxNole, I would say the majority of the posters on here post responses with a condescending tone. The majority of posters also think they are alot better players than they truly are.

I am not sure why this occurs so often, inferiority complex? Perhaps they are just frustrated .50/1 players who come on here and post.

My advice to you is to check the turn. Then after that your river play will be read dependent. Your sign of weakness on the turn might induce a river bluff. Your decision to call will have to be determined by read.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:21 AM

yo phallusy, he is out of position.