Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Poker bots?

I frequently play head up freeze-outs online, since I believe it suits my skill set well. However, every so often, I get the feeling I'm playing against a computer program. Perhaps it's just different people using similar styles, I don't know. But they -rarely- show any aggression when I play them, and when they do it's usually the minimum bet or an exact pot sized bet, and they -never- raise preflop. I've even seen them check an unraised pot down to the river, holding AQ when an A flops. Maybe I'm just frustrated with my lack of results against such players (1 out of 3), but I've been beaten before by people who seem to have some imagination and thought nothing of it. Am I being paranoid here, and these people are actually just playing very solid, mathematical poker... or is this a valid concern? If so, are online cardrooms doing anything to prevent coded robots from mingling with their human patrons?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Poker bots?

i have a pokerbot. its call theben.exe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

im sure they exist. i have no clue if ive ever encounter one tho
Old 08-25-2005, 10:16 PM

Quite frankly, those people sound like they're playing very badly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Then again, that would describe most of the bots I've run into too...
Old 08-25-2005, 11:11 PM

I wasn't gona say anything but I'm actually a poker bot. I was sent from the future to take the fishes money before the great poker bot take over occured in 2006 and online poker was totaly dominated and overwhelemed by poker bots. I was the one who took all your money at the .01/.02 heads up. Between you and me I would stay away from that limit since it should be totaly taken over by bots like me by now.