Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 12:46 PM

Default El Capitino

I played him on Saturday night. Is this Luske or his new protege?
Old 08-29-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: El Capitino

Neither,

It's Noah Boaken, he lives upstairs from Luske's poker office and uses Luske's account for pstars tourney.

Rumor is that Luske or someone else may have won the 500k pstars tourney and then Noah took over using the account so that he could win the August TLB because of the Gigabet bet.

The folks on pocketfives are now referring to the user(s) of that account as team holland.

I don't know what is true or not, but I do know that it is Noah playing the last 2 weeks.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neither,

It's Noah Boaken, he lives upstairs from Luske's poker office and uses Luske's account for pstars tourney.

Rumor is that Luske or someone else may have won the 500k pstars tourney and then Noah took over using the account so that he could win the August TLB because of the Gigabet bet.

The folks on pocketfives are now referring to the user(s) of that account as team holland.

I don't know what is true or not, but I do know that it is Noah playing the last 2 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is mostly correct, but I'm 90% sure that it hasn't been only Noah playing for the past two weeks. The account at one point was playing tourneys of all sizes for about 72 hours straight. I'm pretty sure that would burn one man's eyes out.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:02 PM

Yeah, I have seen him (or them) on multiple tournaments round the clock since Saturday. I thought it was wierd he would play a $50NL and then I saw him in a $3! Who the heck is Noah Boaken and why does he have access to Luske's account? What is the Gigabet bet?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:38 PM

noah boeken is a relief pitcher for the arizona diamondbacks. he broke his collar bone and has been unable to pitch for all of august. he started putting some of his salary into poker tournaments and has gotten fairly lucky by winning and cashing in a few.

rumour is he may quit baseball if his success continues
Old 08-29-2005, 03:03 PM

Default The Gigabet Bet?

Have heard cross references to it before, but am unsure of what "The Gigabet Bet" is. Can anyone explain it too me?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I have seen him (or them) on multiple tournaments round the clock since Saturday. I thought it was wierd he would play a $50NL and then I saw him in a $3! Who the heck is Noah Boaken and why does he have access to Luske's account? What is the Gigabet bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Noah Boeken is a young player from Holland. He seemed to be around 24-25 when I met him but he might be 26-27. He plays the circuit and had some success in this year's WSOP. He's good friends with Marcel.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:16 PM

giga made a bet with his friend that he would win the stars monthly TLB in sept. I think his friend gave him 2 to 1 on the bet. his friend then offered 5k to anyone that wins the TLB that is from pocketfives. i dont think noah is in the bet though because a thread was made about him and team holland playing non stop and he replied with i dont give a [censored] about 5k blah blah
Old 08-29-2005, 03:33 PM

According to a post on NWP another Amsterdam player has claimed that Noah Boeken has a $100K bet regarding the leaderboard, which would certainly explain why he's putting in so much time. Obviously I have no idea if this is true.