Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Early vs Late Bad Beats

If I get knocked out of a MTT on a bad beat early on, I sometimes agonize about my decisions, sometimes for hours. But at the final table, even on the bubble, this never bothers me. If you get certain hands, you must push. If you get sucked out, so what, you did what you had to do. Others have the opposite opinion.
What do you feel about this?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Early vs Late Bad Beats

Later in tournaments, you generally accept that people will be forced to make poor decisions. Early in a tournmanet, this is not supposed to be the case, which is likely why it bothers you more when your opponents suck out on you.
In the future, consider that you didn't just waste several hours of your time to be knocked out on the bubble. Maybe that will help.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:05 PM

That's what always gets me. I hate thinking that i spent all that time just to be kicked out with nothing, it is especially painful when you get drawn out on when you've got a decent stack when there are a few short stacks still left, i can't stand that one, i always beat myself up for a long time after those decisions.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I get knocked out of a MTT on a bad beat early on, I sometimes agonize about my decisions, sometimes for hours. But at the final table, even on the bubble, this never bothers me. If you get certain hands, you must push. If you get sucked out, so what, you did what you had to do. Others have the opposite opinion.
What do you feel about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was like that. I see beats late in multi's as costing me $$ as the big money is in the top 3. This usually means after a beat late in the tourney I usually melt down because I'm mad I don't have the stack I once did, or I get extra pissed If I bust because I know I'm only a few hands and people away fromt he big score.

This is definately something I'm working on.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is definately something I'm working on.

[/ QUOTE ]
How are you working on this?