Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Huge Pot KTs

Too many people to post reads. The last guy was something like 50/0. I was playing on 4 tables, and for a period they were all like 5 people to a capped flop.

Anyway, First, what do you think of the preflop play. Don't forget the insane lagginess of the table at the time. I also think many of you will argue checking and raising the flop is better in order to "keep your customers." However, this is a circumstance where I think it is best to just be aggressive and do whatever you can to increase your equity in this monster pot.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (26 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds.

River: (16.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
Old 10-05-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Huge Pot KTs

[ QUOTE ]
Too many people to post reads. The last guy was something like 50/0. I was playing on 4 tables, and for a period they were all like 5 people to a capped flop.

Anyway, First, what do you think of the preflop play. Don't forget the insane lagginess of the table at the time. I also think many of you will argue checking and raising the flop is better in order to "keep your customers." However, this is a circumstance where I think it is best to just be aggressive and do whatever you can to increase your equity in this monster pot.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (26 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds.

River: (16.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it the same as you, only my plan would be to have CO and MP3 continue their raising war on the flop, and the turn, for that matter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nice hand.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:11 AM

Due to your position vs the preflop aggressor I think leading the flop might be your only chance of getting extra bets in there. Though usually you can get a checkraise in on the turn if check call here and somtimes that can get you an extra bb vs leading the flop line. THe decision between the two really depends on the texture of the game.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:12 AM

I like palying these hands in big pots on supper laggy tables, you varience shoots WAY up for so does your profits, well played.

I like betting out the flop, hoping they go crazy and you can get a cap.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think many of you will argue checking and raising the flop is better in order to "keep your customers."

[/ QUOTE ]

check/raising the flop faces everyone with 2 bets cold(assuming the CO is the bettor) the way you played it is the best way to "keep your customers"

anyway, i play it the same, too bad you didnt get more postflop action

also i dont know what id do preflop, its looking like it will be a huge pot, so i guess calling the cap is fine
Old 10-05-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also think many of you will argue checking and raising the flop is better in order to "keep your customers."

[/ QUOTE ]

check/raising the flop faces everyone with 2 bets cold(assuming the CO is the bettor) the way you played it is the best way to "keep your customers"

anyway, i play it the same, too bad you didnt get more postflop action

also i dont know what id do preflop, its looking like it will be a huge pot, so i guess calling the cap is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is one of the situations where I found it very hard to believe that everyone would check to the pfr.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:34 AM

get sexy on the river.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:44 PM

The pot's so big he's going to call 100% of the time. And But I think he'll check it through more than 50%. Bad idea.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:39 PM

Preflop - it's one of those wacky situations where calling for one is fine, but when faced with two back to you, you have to look at the pot size and the hand you hold and whether it plays well multiway. I play it the same.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't lead the flop, given all the action before the hand. You're almost guaranteed someone is going to bet the flop and then you get to raise once it's back to you (if it's MP3) or smooth call (if it's the CO). Being aware of relative position is important with this hand, since you'd prefer people do not fold.

Turn and river and standard. Too bad you didn't get some more fireworks going [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 PM

I play it the same way. I'm too conservative to get sexy on the river.