Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 04:41 PM

Default KQo - Did I Play This Correctly?

This is my first hand post. MP2 is tight-passive-aggressive and appears to be a decent player, SB is loose-passive-passive and appears to be a bad/fishy player.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

--

I'm not sure if I played this hand correctly, any comments?

Thanks,

Spiz
Old 07-28-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: KQo - Did I Play This Correctly?

Converter broken?

Looks fine to me,
Turn Play... I probably call but some may say raise(I think your behind at this stage but who knows).
Old 07-28-2005, 04:45 PM

I would be inclined to raise the turn and slow down if I'm 3-bet. When the queen comes on the river I definitely cap.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:47 PM

what's up shooter? i like the hand- a couple things to consider calling the flop and raising the turn might be a different line rather than 3 betting and forcing someone to call3 cold or 2 cold. When capped it looks like a set, which is why i think your turn play is ok. Cap that river all day bud.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:47 PM

Flop cap is fine.

Raise the turn. You're likely splitting with this guy but make SB pay to continue.

River cap is fine., but in retrospect, since he only plays 3 hands this way (KQ and 88 and Q8s) you're better off just calling his raise. You'll get 1 less bet out of it overall but you lose less when you're behind to 88.

if he has 88, which is the only legitimate hand that beats you, you have to pay him off. There's no way a decent player doesn't raise KK pf so you're officially behind 1 hand.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop cap is fine.

Raise the turn. You're likely splitting with this guy but make SB pay to continue.

River cap is fine.

if he has 88, which is the only legitimate hand that beats you, you have to pay him off. There's no way a decent player doesn't raise KK pf so you're officially behind 1 hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I agree with raising the turn here. I'd be more inclined to do it if the turn card didn't pair the bottom card, as we're likely behind every single flop capping hand except another KQ (weird AA pulled ahead, K8, Q8)

If the turn was a blank, I'd be tempted still not to raise because I'd hate the 3bet, but maybe I'm weak tight.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:54 PM

We can rule out AA, I think. I think we're splitting often enough that this is a must-raise to get SB to pay more with his offsuit Q or K.

But you're right, I'd probably puss out and call because I'm a puss.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if I agree with raising the turn here. I'd be more inclined to do it if the turn card didn't pair the bottom card, as we're likely behind every single flop capping hand except another KQ (AA pulled ahead, K8, Q8)

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point
Old 07-28-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I agree with raising the turn here. I'd be more inclined to do it if the turn card didn't pair the bottom card, as we're likely behind every single flop capping hand except another KQ (weird AA pulled ahead, K8, Q8)

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the flop would get capped by an opponent holding AK?

Durs
Old 07-28-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You don't think the flop would get capped by an opponent holding AK? Durs

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think so. That would be strongly overplaying TPTK. And AK would have been likely to get raised preflop also.