Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 06:31 PM

Default dead straight flush on 3rd

7 Card Stud High-Low ($.25/$.50), Ante $.10, Bring-In $.15 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 0: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings in
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

I figure no matter how dead my hand is, it's hard to fold a straight flush for the bring in. The table is quite aggressive however, so the chance of a completion is fairly high. Since the structure sucks, a completion is just the ante (2/3rd the bring-in) more. If it gets completed and raised, I play on folding.

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

I catch a tiny piece by I'm certaintly playing for half the pot and its small so I fold. Half the table is prone to capping with a draw to a 78 low, so I'm certain fireworks will erupt if anyone hits anything.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: dead straight flush on 3rd

seems fine since your straight outs are live and got in cheap with many other callers and left when you bricked on 4th.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figure no matter how dead my hand is, it's hard to fold a straight flush for the bring in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I’d play this at a high only table, but at high-low even the crappiest low will split the pot with you, and there are four good looking lows out there. And you might not even get a “nh” from anyone if you hit it.

I think that was a good fold on fourth. Been there, done that.

Edit: Err, three good looking lows.

Edit: And one is the BI, so two gooding looking lows. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2005, 06:50 PM

at hilo you can fold on 3rd
Old 05-14-2005, 07:07 PM

Looks like I could have easily had the worest hand there. I gave all the high hands big pairs or straight flush draws and the low hands all low cards. I ended up with just .11 pot equity. I guess behind live has a huge effect. On an unrelated note, i just got delt a low straight flush that was completely live except for 2 dead flush cards. I somehow ended up with a full house.