Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Not sure if I played this one correctly

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.
Button was the type of player who would have 3-bet a big A, and I was pretty sure he would have folded a weak A, so I couldn't put him on an A at all. I'd been on a "mini-rush", raising PF and winning a lot of hands. I thought that maybe he was trying to catch me in a bluff. The pot was giving me 15.5-1 to catch my 4 outs if I was behind.(If I did my math right...)

Turn: (9.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.
Should I have gone for a c/r here? At the time, I was thinking 2 things: that I didn't want to miss a bet, and that I wanted to keep him in the hand and raise on the river.

River: (11.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
Did I play this correctly?
Old 12-17-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Not sure if I played this one correctly

If you trust your read then the flop is ok, but it's a tought spot.

I like the turn lead, as he was going so crazy on the flop that he likely will raise allowing you to 3 bet.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:42 AM

Once it gets heads up on the flop, I plan to call down. Even if he is bluffing, there's no need to discourage him. After the 9 hits, I go balls to the wall like you did.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The pot was giving me 15.5-1 to catch my 4 outs if I was behind.(If I did my math right...)

[/ QUOTE ]
you have 99 and there are four 9s in the deck.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The pot was giving me 15.5-1 to catch my 4 outs if I was behind.(If I did my math right...)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't put this player on any hand that contained a deuce that he would call a PF raise with, so I also counted the 2 deuces. With that read, was that an error?
Old 12-17-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't put this player on any hand that contained a deuce that he would call a PF raise with, so I also counted the 2 deuces. With that read, was that an error?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are behind, how does a 2 help you? Basically you count outs when you think you might be behind. If he has a bigger pair, or an ace, your only two outs are the 2 9's
Old 12-17-2005, 06:44 AM

I like your line but the flop may be a bit aggressive for me. How would you react if he bet, you raised and he 3-bet? Called? How would the turn play out if it was, let's say, and 6 of clubs...

Go berserk after that nine hits the turn. Nice.

So anyway, do not count a 2 here as an out, since if he got an ace, he will too get a full house which is better than yours. And his flop action tells me so.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:47 AM

I vomit, shed a tear, fold to the flop raise and move on.