Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Potawatomi in Milwaukee

Anybody play the games at Potawatomi in Milwaukee? Beatable? Tough competition? Should be playing low limit or NL.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Potawatomi in Milwaukee

http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Potawatomi
Old 11-04-2005, 01:32 AM

yeah i saw that site, just wanted more opinions.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:34 AM

Oh, good... sorry then. I seriously didn't know that general awareness of the wiki was that high. At any rate, I hope that others will chime in there with their opinions.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:06 AM

Been there maybe 5 times, always has been great games. Can be a long wait a certain times, and they don't allow you to call in ahead.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:11 AM

They do now. You can call ahead an hour before arriving.
The games are fishy as hell. I ususally play once a week and see the same guys. I pretty much keep to myself and walk away with 10 -20 BB in a couple hours. If you get there around 9am you should get on a table fairly quick. After 10am there will be a wait of an hour or so. It is definately worth checking out.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they don't allow you to call in ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. You can call in up to an hour ahead of time. The number is (414)847-7605.

They spread a 2/4, 3/6, 5/10, and $100 buy-in (3/5 blinds) nlhe game, as well as a 1-5 stud game during the week. All limit holdem games have a kill. They have an interest list for omaha and 10/20 holdem. I've been there each of the last three nights this week and couldn't get a 10/20 game going. Each night, they had an interest list going, it got up to 11 people, and then they cleared the list and refused to run the game. I've been catching the ass end of variance in the last few days and have been frustrated watching my money going to the worst poker players I've seen this side of anywhere. The game is incredibly soft, but extra heavy on the variance. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:39 AM

Oh yeah, a few words on related topics. First, don't let anyone see your cell phone, or it'll get taken away. I had mine out on the way into the building and the security guard told me no cell phones whether they're on or off and made me leave mine at the security desk (or go back and leave it in the car). Also, there's no alcohol. Apparently, you can have a drink at the bar downstairs, but you have to drink it there.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:06 PM

Oh yeah, a few words on related topics. Potawatomi is one of those rooms, where you will find ten players about to fall asleep, WAITING FOR DEALERS TO COME ON DUTY. Potawatomi schedules it's dealers according to what it costs the joint....NOT TO MEET PLAYER DEMAND.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, a few words on related topics. First, don't let anyone see your cell phone, or it'll get taken away. I had mine out on the way into the building and the security guard told me no cell phones whether they're on or off and made me leave mine at the security desk (or go back and leave it in the car). Also, there's no alcohol. Apparently, you can have a drink at the bar downstairs, but you have to drink it there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-04-2005, 05:46 AM

Might be worth mentioning that the NL game is a 600 max now...Since the addition of the full-time NL game, the 10/20 has almost completely dried up (saw it start last Friday). 5/10 is usually a juicy game, and the 3/6 they've been spreading lately is super-soft. I wish they'd start spreading 3/6 and 4/8 full-time instead of the usual 2/4 and 5/10.