Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2004, 08:18 PM

Default Flopping a flush

Is not raising the flop ok?
How would you play the river?

Pacific Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

River: (8.5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero?

Final Pot: (14.5 BB)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2004, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Flopping a flush

I'd reverse your flop and turn play and raise the flop, call the turn, and I'd 3-bet the river because you're playing .5/1 limits.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:35 PM

re-raise. Unless you know him to be ultra, ultra tight/passive (like the only way he would raise this is if he had a boat) there's no way he's going to beat your nut flush very often. Maybe K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]or[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 10-21-2004, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd reverse your flop and turn play and raise the flop, call the turn, and I'd 3-bet the river because you're playing .5/1 limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you raise the flop and only call the turn? You should raise the turn to get him in for the big bets instead of the small ones, and by raising the flop you've shown strength.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 PM

First of all, I think you should seriously consider a preflop raise. You have pretty good position and can buy even better position.

[ QUOTE ]
Is not raising the flop ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends. You are in late position, you have the raiser and a caller trapped with the nuts... but then you like it if he bets into you on the turn. I can go either way here.

River: 3 bet this.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:55 PM

Smoothcalling the flop with the intention of raising the turn is great if you're sure he'll bet out again. On the river the great majority of the time he's getting cute with the K of clubs, putting you on a T.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:07 PM

Easy river decision, 3-bet

-Sent
Old 10-21-2004, 09:26 PM

...3-bets, calls the cap, rakes in the cash.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy river decision...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? Calling when I shouldn't costs 1 and raising when I shouldn't costs 2 (he will cap and I have to call).

A passive (assuming by default) player has 2-pair or a T when betting the flop. My slowplaying screams flush so I guess he wouldn't raise the river without at least flush (which rules 2-pair out). That leaves him with T3, TK or parhaps TQ, TJ (with T7 he would 3-bet the turn). Since there are 3-ways he can have T3 (for each T) it looks like it's at most 50-50 wich gives 3-betting -EV.

Anyway. I 3-bet and got CALLED by tens full of threes. So much for my analysis... Not capping a second nuts full house makes me cry...