Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Online Banks

I've seen people discuss new rates at different sites (ING, EmigrantDirect, and some other site) but I still have some questions. Is there a consensus on which site is the best or are they all the same?

Do you link the account to both your Neteller account and a local bank account so that you can access the money easier? Currently I have Neteller linked to my local bank account to make withdraws, so I'd like to switch my Neteller account so it's linked to the online bank (possible?) and then also link the online bank with the local bank.

Is there anything else that I should take into consideration before I sign up for one of these online bank accounts? I'm just trying to make sure I know what I'm doing before I sign up somewhere.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Online Banks

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/437553/

Im sure others could give you advice on linking accounts to neteller.... i still have netty linked to my B&M checking account so im little help in this regard.

cubs
Old 11-25-2005, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Online Banks

I ran into a hassle when I asked about linking ING direct to my neteller account. ING needs to link to a checking account and neteller is devout in thier position of "not being a bank". They are simply a wallet.

My next step is to try to establish a checking/savings account with an actual bank on the Isle of Man (Neteller's home). I've only done preliminary research but apparently the Isle's banking business is on the up and up and lots of businesses in the UK bank there because of the "no taxes on bank earnings".

I'm lazy though so who knows when this will happen. I set the over/under at $2k in my neteller account that I don't want to bring into the US of A.

edit: skimming that FatWallet thread has me thinking about money market accounts too... may be the best of both worlds if I can gain interest, link to neteller AND be able to cut myself a check directly from the account.