Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 09:32 PM

Default poker clock.

anyone have a code for this program? or have any other free tournament clocks to downlaod?
Old 06-11-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Re: poker clock.

Try the Tournament Director

It has a few more features than the Poker Clock and it's free.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:12 PM

Agreed - Tournament Director is a better package - and I have them all! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2004, 11:31 AM

awesome guys. thanks a lot!
Old 06-13-2004, 04:29 PM

we used this of the first time this past weekend, worker out perfectly! great peice here
Old 06-14-2004, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tournament Director is a better package

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the Poker Clock at my first home tourney this past weekend and it worked great. It's easy to work with, easy to make adjustsments on the fly and altogether a good product for what it does. The guys loved it and thought it added to the quality of the game instead of using orbits to determine when the blinds should increase. For those doing "Rebuy" tourneys, it quickly adjusts the total prize pool and payouts with a simple keystroke. It looks very much like the touney screen used at The Grand in Tunica. My only issue is that the fonts on the current and next blind levels are a little small and can not be adjusted. I sent an e-mail to the developers of the software and asked if there was a way to adjust this, and their response came quickly, but there isn't a way yet, but they would try to incorporate in later editions. The cost of $39.95 did not bother me, so I went ahead and purchased the full program.

I tried to download the "Tournament Director", but there seemed to be a glitch in the system or with my computer. I could not get it to go back and forth from the program to the desktop without locking up and it also locked up when un-zipping the files. I deleted it and tried again and had similar results. I suspect the problem lies with not having "Win Zip" on my coputer, although the system appeared to be using some Microsoft application to un-zip the files. Is there a free downloadable version of "Win Zip" out there? I've already used the 14-day trial of the latest Win Zip release, so that is not an option at this point.

Anyone had similar issues? Does the Tounament Director do other things that the Poker Clock does not, such a seating, moving of players, etc. or are they similar in nature?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:17 AM

The Tournament Director does indeed do player seating and moving of players/collapsing of tables. The main clock page is also completely configurable, so the issue you have with Poker Clock is not an issue with the Tournament Director, because you can change the size/color/font/placement of everything.

As for unzipping it. If you're using XP and have no program installed that handles ZIP files, then yes, XP will handle them for you. The problem is that it treats them like folders, so double-clicking TheTournamentDirector.zip will show you the contents, but in a way that it appears to already be unzipped. It won't work in this format, it must be unzipped. When you double-click the ZIP file, on the resulting window select "Extract all..." from the File menu. This will extract the files to a folder of your choosing. Then go there and run the Tournament Director.

I have never heard of an issue where the Tournament Director causes the system to lock-up. If this is really an issue for you, email me and we'll see what can be done.

As for WinZip, maybe they have recently changed it, but as far as I have ever known, the trial period never ends. I have used their trial versions for years.

Corey Cooper
thetournamentdirector@yahoo.com
Old 06-14-2004, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tournament Director is a better package

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the Poker Clock at my first home tourney this past weekend and it worked great. It's easy to work with, easy to make adjustsments on the fly and altogether a good product for what it does. The guys loved it and thought it added to the quality of the game instead of using orbits to determine when the blinds should increase. For those doing "Rebuy" tourneys, it quickly adjusts the total prize pool and payouts with a simple keystroke. It looks very much like the touney screen used at The Grand in Tunica. My only issue is that the fonts on the current and next blind levels are a little small and can not be adjusted. I sent an e-mail to the developers of the software and asked if there was a way to adjust this, and their response came quickly, but there isn't a way yet, but they would try to incorporate in later editions. The cost of $39.95 did not bother me, so I went ahead and purchased the full program.

I tried to download the "Tournament Director", but there seemed to be a glitch in the system or with my computer. I could not get it to go back and forth from the program to the desktop without locking up and it also locked up when un-zipping the files. I deleted it and tried again and had similar results. I suspect the problem lies with not having "Win Zip" on my coputer, although the system appeared to be using some Microsoft application to un-zip the files. Is there a free downloadable version of "Win Zip" out there? I've already used the 14-day trial of the latest Win Zip release, so that is not an option at this point.

Anyone had similar issues? Does the Tounament Director do other things that the Poker Clock does not, such a seating, moving of players, etc. or are they similar in nature?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem as you've had. The Tournament Director software looks really nice and it has more features than the Poker Clock (which is what I use as well). I'd love to use the Tournament Director software, but it locks up my system as well. I haven't paid for the Poker Clock yet and if I could get Tournament Director to work, I'd be willing to make a donation for using it.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:50 PM

If you are placing an Icon on your desktop for Tournament director, make sure that you creat a shortcut and don't just copy the director.hta file to the desktop. Doing a straight copy will cause the system to do strange things. Also some anti-virus (Norton) programs treat Tournament Director as a malicous script so you have to force them to let it run.

Tournament director has one major advantage over poker clock (I have them both).

If you go out of the tournament screen in poker clock, say a screen saver comes on or you need to change something in the program settings, the clock stops counting down. Poker clock's timer screen must be the active window for the clock to function. This is not the case in tournament director.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:04 PM

Default Tournament Director

Norton no-likey. Why?