Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 11:13 PM

Default 500+40 Bellagio KK Hand

This happened yesterday in the daily 500+40 (highly reccomended) Bellagio Tourney

Blinds 100-200 Average stack ~3000 (started with 2000)

Hero ~t4,000
Villain 1 ~t5000
Villain 2 ~t1350

Read on Villain 1 is that he is a semi-skilled loose agressive player who values draws too much and plays too many suited aces and PP's...but is fairly good at the game, seems like he's just having a good time.

Read on Villain 2 is that he is pretty solid, though he just got destroyed in the last pot and lost ~75% of his stack.

Hero is UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I tried to raise to t700 but apparently one of my t100 chips fell behind the betting line and I was only allowed to make it t600 to go.

Villain 1 is two positions after me and smooth calls.

Villain 2 is 3 positions later and pushes for 750 more.

HERE IS THE QUESTION:

WHAT DO I DO??

Do i push and risk driving Villain 1 out of the pot or do I smooth call and let him also call and try double through him.

I was thinking there was a decent chance Villain 2 had AA but there was also a decent shot he'd beat me by the river...i'm thinking I want to call this, let Villain 1 in and then get more from him after the flop (if it is a favorable board of coarse) thereby reducing the damage done if i am beat by Villain 2.

Discuss
Old 06-30-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: 500+40 Bellagio KK Hand

Amount in the pot taken down now increases your stack over 25%. Although I see the logic in seeing if an Ace falls on the flop and then reevaluating, I think it far more likely villian will see you trying to isolate and may very well call. A call here is more likely than not a very good thing.

Push, and I don't think it's close.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:33 PM

If you call, any postflop bet you make will not be taken as a bluff, so you may get action only if you are beaten. You could do well if your opponent flops top pair and it's not an ace. The push has a reasonable chance of being called.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:11 AM

With any high pair, you always want one opponent, not two.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:28 AM

I push.

With the exception of the flops:

AAQ
AQQ

I don't think I can lay KK down on the flop anyway.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:39 AM

Default I\'m probably pushing, unless i have a good read on Villian 1

[ QUOTE ]
With any high pair, you always want one opponent, not two.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, generally, but that only partially applies with Villian 2 since he's all-in and Hero's trying to extract chips from Villian 1. It's a question of if you want to risk losing the 3600 chips in the pot (after a call by Hero) to V1 by letting him stick around cheaply for the Flop, in an attempt to get another 3400 chips from V1.

To me, it depends where Hero thinks the aces are. If V2 has AA, i certainly want V1 to see the flop, even if he has an ace. Though an all-in bet from V2 after a UTG raise and a cold call would normally mean a monster hand, given that he may be steaming from his big beat and trying to triple up with JTs or something.

V1 quite likely has a pocket pair, it seems, in which case i also want him to see the flop. Then again, V1 could have A{K-J} (assuming he'd cold call rather than reraise with those), with V2 having a smaller pocket pair. In that case, he'd want V1 gone.

I think i'd just have trust my reads and instincts at the table, which would depend on what kind of hands V1 cold calls pre-flop raises. If he cold calls occasionally with an ace in his hand, i'm pushing so as not to risk the pot without getting V1 to put up the ~3400 while he's the underdog.

If V1 has something like AQs and V2 has a smaller pocket pair, it's only a relatively minor error for V1 to call Hero's all-in.