Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2004, 08:57 AM

Default A bunch of questions about rakebacks

Hi,

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but I haven't been able to find answers and since I saw a thread about rakeback when you already have accounts at PP here earlier I decided I should start figuring out whats up before I miss out too much. I apologize if it's been asked a million times before.

Basically I've only played online for a couple of months but I love it and play quite a lot. When I started out I signed up for most of the big sites in order to take advantage of the signup-bonuses to build my initial bankroll. I think the only major site I haven't signed up for is Party Poker actually (because I've been too lazy to grab a different computer and I already have empire installed).

Lately I've been thinking of signing up with PP anyway to get as many reload-possibilities as possible since they can still make a decent difference to me while Im trying to move up the limits.

Now to the question(s):

1) If I will keep playing like I do now a rakeback-deal is more or less a must, right?

2) Should I "save" Party Poker for that, ie not sign up to get some bonuses now?

3) Is it worth getting a deal now or should I wait until I play at higher limits, will this get me a "better" deal?

4) Should I try to get a rakeback-deal at another place instead even though I already have an account there (I dont know if this is possible). I know very little about the deals but I think I've read that the best deals are made with affiliates of Empire and I already have an account there?

5) I'm in SB and have JJ. 5 limpers, do I raise? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thank you very much for all replies and once again I'm sorry if it's been asked a million times before.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:19 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Re: A bunch of questions about rakebacks

[ QUOTE ]
5) I'm in SB and have JJ. 5 limpers, do I raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely
Old 08-01-2004, 09:44 AM

good questions

1 - i think so and i suspect the majority would agree - there are a few who think the whole affiliate structure is bad for the game but not many who have a moral issue with those who choose to avail themselves of a chunk of cash - its a gambling forum

2 - yes

3 - you pay a lot more rake as a % of the money in the pot at low limits - that makes rake back a better idea at the low limits - it may not be big cash but it is in the context of your required bankroll

4 - i wouldnt try and open a different account at a site you have already joined in order to get a rake back deal - its a fraudulent thing to do - if you already have an empire account then you cant join up with an affiliate there but you can at party - the party affiliates dont get quite as much as empire but its not a huge difference

be careful who you choose as an affiliate when you arrange a rake back deal - there are dodgy affiliates out there - i dont suspect many frequent these boards but a few do - get a couple of offers by posting here or word of mouth and vet them on factors other than how much they pay

5 - auto raise

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 08-01-2004, 01:01 PM

Thank you very much for the info. I guess I'll look more into this before I sign up with anything.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:42 PM

I think stripsqueez hit the nail on the head.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:48 PM

4- I diasagree al ittle with this. Many of us have accounts and another member of our household as well. I specifically asked EMpire and Pary about this and it is ok. The fraudelent part may be that the same person plays in all accounts (technically it is not ok, however I never heard anyone having problems with this).

I consider getting 20% or 25% a significant difference if those were the choices.

JAque