Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 12:14 PM

Default post 2400

man i'm a loser. 2400 posts, and not one of them with any content. i need some serious poker content to justify my life. so, i turn to the content master incarnate. thats right.

aaron w.

so. here's a selection of posts i like to call:
"1 year of posts by aaron dubya*."

*no relation to other dubya, in all probability.

they're in reverse chronology...so to truly experience the joy, work from the bottom up...

77-99

Betting into pfr, why?

Why wait till the turn?

oh my god huge sample size (but a valid point)

wrap your head around this one

i pity tha fool that don't read this!

raising to clean up outs, seriously, why?

how to get better at poker

posting in CO and raising is good for the soul

taking notes for fun and profit!

KK when an ace flops, oh my!

got monster?

TT essay-- still agree with this aaron?

building a pot PF
Old 12-08-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: post 2400

tiltaholic [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] aaron? It's ok, I like him too...
Old 12-08-2005, 01:49 PM

It's like I'm being stalked by some random guy I met met on the internet. He has my whole posting life written on the walls of his bedroom. That's creepy. It would be creepier if it were written on the walls of his bathroom.

[ QUOTE ]
TT essay-- still agree with this aaron?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still like calling medium pocket pairs from the blinds against a late position raiser in general. I like the option of check-raising when the flop is favorable and I don't flop a set, and I like the option of donking when I do flop a set and making everyone call one bet.

[ QUOTE ]
oh my god huge sample size (but a valid point)

[/ QUOTE ]

The unpublished title: Discovering your inner LAG.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's like I'm being stalked by some random guy I met met on the internet. He has my whole posting life written on the walls of his bedroom. That's creepy. It would be creepier if it were written on the walls of his bathroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

um. all that stuff was there when i moved in. honest.

seriously...i just felt like searching the archives a bit, and your "wait for the turn" post had been bumped so that gave me focus.

next time i'll pick someone else, promise.

[ QUOTE ]
I still like calling medium pocket pairs from the blinds against a late position raiser in general. I like the option of check-raising when the flop is favorable and I don't flop a set, and I like the option of donking when I do flop a set and making everyone call one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I see what you're saying somewhat...but a lot also depends on who the raiser is, and who else is in (of course). As I've been playing more, I've come to realize that there's a lot of value in TT as well as a lot of value in having declared "me like hand" and 3-betting from the blinds, and I've slid down to 99/88 as my boundary for 3-betting in the big blind. Sometimes I call with 99, sometimes I 3-bet depending on the situation. With TT I'm defaulting to 3-bet unless I have a very good reason to call.

[ QUOTE ]
The unpublished title: Discovering your inner LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

i fear my inner lag is now my outer lag. i've been playing a 24/15 game at full tables [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], fun, satifying, but one crazy ride.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fear my inner lag is now my outer lag. i've been playing a 24/15 game at full tables [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], fun, satifying, but one crazy ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

And fun to watch you make AA fold when you have 99 UI [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fear my inner lag is now my outer lag. i've been playing a 24/15 game at full tables , fun, satifying, but one crazy ride

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine being 33/22 over 75hands at a table, but still managing to steal the blinds with QQ, AA, QQ, JJ with 3 50+VPIP donkeys at the table, but I did get 5way action with KJo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] stupid pattern mappers

so I went down and took out the frustration at 2/4 full, very fun 24/16 is so fun at full ring.