Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 02:48 PM

Default KJs multiway action- doomed to payoff?

40-80 loose game

Player has raised two staight times with marginal hands. He now raises again (for the third time) UTG. UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, I look at KJ of spades. I know that I will pick up at least two other caller behind me, so I call.

We go into the flop with 7 callers for a total of 14 small bets ($1,120). I'm in 5th postion to act. Flop comes 9 5spades 3spades. Orginal raiser checks, UTG+1 bets, I call, two caller behind me, UTG calls. 5 callers into the turn. Turn come a King. UTG+1 bets, I raise- fold-call-call-UTG+1 reraises- I call, fearing a set or AK. The River comes a 2 spade. Make my flush. It is checked to me. I bet-fold-checkraise by UTG (origianl raiser) the utg+1 folds (later he said he had poacket aces) I call. UTG shows AQ spades.

Okay am I destined to payoff here? Did I save a bet because the UTG check raises insted of betting his nut flush (which I would of raised) Should I have just folded before the flop? Should I start playing 40-80 monopoly? Why did pocket rockets net reraise and isolate his aces (idot). Insigt???
Old 07-19-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: KJs multiway action- doomed to payoff?

[ QUOTE ]
40-80 loose game

Player has raised two staight times with marginal hands. He now raises again (for the third time) UTG. UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, I look at KJ of spades. I know that I will pick up at least two other caller behind me, so I call.

We go into the flop with 7 callers for a total of 14 small bets ($1,120). I'm in 5th postion to act. Flop comes 9 5spades 2spades. Orginal raiser checks, UTG+1 bets, I call, two caller behind me, UTG calls. 5 callers into the turn. Turn come a King. UTG+1 bets, I raise- fold-call-call-UTG+1 reraises- I call, fearing a set or AK. The River comes a 2 spade. Make my flush. It is checked to me. I bet-fold-checkraise by UTG (origianl raiser) the utg+1 folds (later he said he had poacket aces) I call. UTG shows AQ spades.

Okay am I destined to payoff here? Did I save a bet because the UTG check raises insted of betting his nut flush (which I would of raised) Should I have just folded before the flop? Should I start playing 40-80 monopoly? Why did pocket rockets net reraise and isolate his aces (idot). Insigt???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd stop playing there if they deal 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the flop and the river..
Old 07-19-2005, 03:15 PM

lol that it! it was the three of spades on the flop, duce on the river. Nice!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol that it! it was the three of spades on the flop, duce on the river. Nice!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Anyway, yes, of course you are destined to pay off with the second nut hand. Your mistake was not 3-betting the river. There's no reason to think UTG has the one hand out there that beats you. For a logical player we could rule it out right away because he should have led the flop. This guy is clearly a moron, so who knows.. But for a moron, there's even less reason to think be specifically has a suited As.
I have no idea what you're talking about re: isolating pocket rockets or something..
Old 07-19-2005, 03:37 PM

As a previous poster stated, I am definately going 3 bets on the river. When he caps, you call, and hope for the best.

ChewyMint
Old 07-19-2005, 05:35 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Turn come a King. UTG+1 bets, I raise- fold-call-call-UTG+1 reraises- I call, fearing a set or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're likely giving him way too much credit here given your description of him. I'd 3 bet this.

b
Old 07-19-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn come a King. UTG+1 bets, I raise- fold-call-call-UTG+1 reraises- I call, fearing a set or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're likely giving him way too much credit here given your description of him. I'd 3 bet this.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

The description at the beginning was of UTG. UTG+1 is an unknown (to us). That said, if he did have AK or even KQ he probably would've re-raised preflop to isolate the moron rather than coldcalling.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:45 PM

If you're asking this, you shouldn't be playing at this limit
Old 07-19-2005, 05:53 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

The description at the beginning was of UTG. UTG+1 is an unknown (to us). That said, if he did have AK or even KQ he probably would've re-raised preflop to isolate the moron rather than coldcalling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch. I misread it. I also blew that it was already 3 bet. For some reason I thought it was c/r'ed on the turn. I might've read that in a response and confused it. Edit: Looking back, I may have thought the river c/r was the turn.

Given that, I like the turn play calling the 3 bet.

To OP: Could you seperate the streets a little so they aren't all jammed together? Makes it a little easier to read and follow.

b
Old 07-19-2005, 07:35 PM

this is a very standard hand...UTG could be checkraising the Q high flush, you have to pay off