Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Killing 6 max - can\'t get +EV in full ring?

Hi Guys,

I've made the switch from 10 seater to 6 max and killed the game. However, i've moved back to 10 seater now and the games are so tight i can't see how anyone returns +EV. No i'm not as loose as I am on the 6 max tables either, if anything i'd get called a rock with averages between 13-16%VPIP. My problem is the people on Party/Eurobet on 2/4 & 3/6 are as tight as anything and you're lucky if you get 3 people to see a flop? Forget about raising pre-flop too unless you plan on going solo and stealing blinds only...

So my question is - should i just stick to short handed or are the full ring games supposed to be better?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Killing 6 max - can\'t get +EV in full ring?

I'm not sure what time of day your playing to be able to say that the 2 4 and 3 6 on party/skins is a tight game. Maybe you should use better table selection, but the games now, especially 2 4 (3 6 has gotten a little worse since 6max started), are amazing.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 AM

Damn they suck when i'm online. I'm in Australia so my normal playing time is +8GMT (or US mornings basically).

They just seem excessively tight, i rarely see 4 to a flop, it's more often than not 3 and then 1 bet on the flop and 2 will fold.. lalala.

Do you find the full ring better than short handed?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:33 AM

I have very limited experience in this realm, but Party has been providing much better 2-4 games than you say that you have been seeing. I have noticed days of the week and times of day to vary the conditions some. Can you adjust your play times to those fishier games?

HJ
Old 10-15-2005, 10:35 AM

That's a tough time-slot but there's still good games to be found. Don't limit yourself to one specific limit and learn to play better in tougher situations.

- Jim
Old 10-15-2005, 10:41 AM

Thanks for the comment Jim. As a side question, how often do you switch tables? I always sit on the waiting list where the tables have the highest av pot and join those games when the seats come up... What i'm finding though is within 30 minutes they're tighter than a fishes pucker.

Should i be switching tables every 30-45mins?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:55 AM

I find I have better luck getting the first seat with 6+ players. The high pot avg tables get a long queue of rocks in line who can't make money w/o rakeback and/or lots of action.

Also keep in mind that you should have some advantage playing shorthanded.

If I'm at the table for a bit and it's tough, I'll move. What tough is exactly depends on you of course.

- Jim
Old 10-15-2005, 02:38 PM

I just finished my 1st session for today and had 3 tables w/4 players over 45%vpip on each one and a 4th w/ 3 of them. Just data mine when your not playing and buddy list all the super loose passive players. makes life a lot easier
Old 10-15-2005, 02:46 PM

Why not play where you feel most comfortable/make the most money?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My problem is the people on Party/Eurobet on 2/4 & 3/6 are as tight as anything ... Forget about raising pre-flop too unless you plan on going solo and stealing blinds only ... it's more often than not 3 and then 1 bet on the flop and 2 will fold.. lalala.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a pretty nice game to me...