Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Fullhouse Q\'s full of A\'s

Hi I'm really new to this and this would be my first post. I don't know if i played this correctly and if i went a bit overboard when the flop came knowing the guy could've flopped a straight...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (16.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
Old 04-29-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Fullhouse Q\'s full of A\'s

the only question is whether MP1 would limp with AK, but i'd still play it the same as you.

i don't think you went over board, he'd do this with a pair of Aces too. gh IMHO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 09:40 AM

Reads would be helpful but barring that...

I think you played it fine. He could very easily have flopped two-pair, a lone ace etc. Even if he has the straight, you have 7 outs to fill up or better on the flop.

He doesn't seem to want to give you credit for the boat on the turn which is fine by you. Cap it. There is a 2% chance I give him credit for AK here. No way he has AA or KK.

River is an easy value bet.

Played perfectly in my opinion...
Old 04-29-2005, 09:41 AM

I play the same. JT is a possible holding, but try and not fear monsters. With a flop like that, he could be playing a wide variety of hands that are strong, but are still second best.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:11 AM

If, I'm worried about anything on the flop, it is that villain doesn't have enough hand to give you full value. One line I have been taking (compliments of Aron W) when I am very confident with my hand, which I would be here, is to call his flop raise and then bet the turn. I have found that the stop and go on the turn is best when you want to go to war.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:16 AM

Huh. That's an interesting line. I've been looking for ways to try and get my opponents to go to war. I'll have to try that out.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If, I'm worried about anything on the flop, it is that villain doesn't have enough hand to give you full value. One line I have been taking (compliments of Aron W) when I am very confident with my hand, which I would be here, is to call his flop raise and then bet the turn. I have found that the stop and go on the turn is best when you want to go to war.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reason i can see stop-n-go isn't for value, but because you have a very vulnerable hand to redraws and you're not going to fold him by blasting the pot on the flop. so i can see arguments for waiting to see what the turn brings, but, no, it is not to get "more value" out of MP's possible weak hand because on this coordinated board, if he has a hand at all, he is either staying to the river or folding early.

edit: looking at the hand, i'd still play it the same because hero isn't capping, but 3-betting. if hero was bet into, he raises, and then is 3-bet, i'd call. but this situation, i think it is played perfectly IMHO.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only reason i can see stop-n-go isn't for value, but because you have a very vulnerable hand to redraws and you're not going to fold him by blasting the pot on the flop. so i can see arguments for waiting to see what the turn brings, but, no, it is not to get "more value" out of MP's possible weak hand because on this coordinated board, if he has a hand at all, he is either staying to the river or folding early.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not folding, but he's going to get call downish too early. Try the line.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not folding, but he's going to get call downish too early. Try the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, i've been thinking about this line as you said...but the only hands that are slowing down, would anyways once we lead out the turn or have us beat or is too aggressive to even notice(assuming anything on villain):

Hands that continue but have us beat: AA, AK, KK, AQ.

Hands that continue and either ram 'n' jam or slowdown to a turn raise regardless of flop: JT (straight), flush draw, straight draw, trip Aces, 2 pair (one K or one Q in hand or both).

so either we have a villain who will naturally slow down on the turn regardless of flop capping or worse- folds, a hand that beats us and we should be the one slowing down, or an aggressive villain who is capping all streets without a care to the world what we may have.

the only "fancy" play i can possibly see is a c/r on the turn, but that, i think, will definitely slow him down more than betting out.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:47 PM

very nice, i would have played this the same exact way