Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Vegas Play...Few Questions

Going to be spending some time in vegas soon and was wondering a few things.

Looking to play at MGM,Bellagio,Wynn and so on.

Hows the NL games at each place?
I was looking to play 2/5 NL and was wondering how profitable it is in these places. Best times to play and so on.

Also If I decided to play some limit like 10/20 what is the typical buy in for these games? I notice they list min/max buyins for NL but not limit.

How does this actually work in terms of the buyins for limit play?

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Vegas Play...Few Questions

buyin for 25-30bb+, rebuy if you get under 12.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:16 AM

The minimum buy-in for limit is 10x the SB in every card room I've ever played in. You should buy-in for 25-30BB to be comfortable, as the previous poster has suggested.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:11 AM

Ok, So for me to play lets say 10/20 I should plan on buying in for at least $300.00 30x/BB. With obviously extra money if a re-buy is needed?

Thanks guys!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:50 AM

In the limit world, BB == big bet, not big blind. So, for 10/20, you want to buy in for around $500, with more on hand in case you're an anti-luckbox.

Regards,
-Brian
Old 09-08-2005, 06:25 AM

Remember that in Vegas, table image is everything.

Look for a table full of nitty old locals. Wear a goofy trucker hat, sit down at the 10-20 with four boxes of reds, announce "I raise" before you are dealt a hand and demand that the dealer get you a waitress "immediately, if not sooner." When she arrives, order a glass of milk with a shot of JD on the side, tip her a redbird, peek at your cards and ask the dealer "how have aces been holding up today?"
Old 09-08-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember that in Vegas, table image is everything.

Look for a table full of nitty old locals. Wear a goofy trucker hat, sit down at the 10-20 with four boxes of reds, announce "I raise" before you are dealt a hand and demand that the dealer get you a waitress "immediately, if not sooner." When she arrives, order a glass of milk with a shot of JD on the side, tip her a redbird, peek at your cards and ask the dealer "how have aces been holding up today?"

[/ QUOTE ]

A+ advice
Old 09-08-2005, 02:10 PM

Ahhh got it, always thought BB meant the big blind. oops [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 02:41 AM

The Bellagio has a $2/5 NL game that is max $200 and it's pretty good. I'd go in the evenings and stay away from the locals who inhabit the game during the day, although it's pretty good during the day as well. One problem is the long list for that game and many other games there.
I've only played $1/2 NL at the Wynn (now it's a $1/3 blind with $3 chips) and there's no cap there so you can buy-in for however much you want. I bet it's similar for the $2/5 game.
Haven't played NL at the MGM but, given the fishiness of the young guys who play limit there, it's probably pretty good.