Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 07:44 PM

Default KQ OOP Eurobet 1/2 6-max

Villain is 46/4 and I've played a fair amount with him. He has very loose standard with respect to calling raises. He always seems to end up on my left so most pots I've played with him have been OOP. In the past few days, it seems that he's called a lot of my preflop raises, then called my flop continuation bet, then bet me out on the turn. I don't have specific numbers on how often this has happened but it is certainly enough that I don't believe he's had me beat every time I folded. I have never played a hand that hit hard against him out of position.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($123.20)
Hero ($251.40)
MP ($177.58)
CO ($123.35)
Button ($168.20)
SB ($126.26)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $8, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($19) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, CO calls $15.

Turn: ($49) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $101</font>
Old 11-02-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: KQ OOP Eurobet 1/2 6-max

Meh. Check/call, check/call, or check/call, bet. I had the exact same thing with a dude yesterday. I bet the flop, c/c the turn, then bet the river. The hand was almost exactly the same as this one. He folded the river, and I immediately wished I had check/called the river to give him some more rope. Check/raising the turn is nothing but spewing, however. You get less from a bluff and obviously lose more to a monster.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. Check/call, check/call, or check/call, bet. I had the exact same thing with a dude yesterday. I bet the flop, c/c the turn, then bet the river. The hand was almost exactly the same as this one. He folded the river, and I immediately wished I had check/called the river to give him some more rope. Check/raising the turn is nothing but spewing, however. You get less from a bluff and obviously lose more to a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a draw?
Old 11-02-2005, 07:52 PM

What draw? The most likely draw just hit.

Edit: Forgot there was a flush draw on the flop. But if you're worried about the flush draw, bet the turn. Checking the turn is horrible if you're really concerned about the flush draw. Even if you're "fairly confident" he will bluff his flush draw on the turn. I still don't like it.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What draw? The most likely draw just hit.

Edit: Forgot there was a flush draw on the flop. But if you're worried about the flush draw, bet the turn. Checking the turn is horrible if you're really concerned about the flush draw. Even if you're "fairly confident" he will bluff his flush draw on the turn. I still don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I totally disagree with you here. I definitely play this hand this way from time to time with a good read that villain will bet his draw here, which I often have. NH I say. Would help if there was no J on board and we had AK, but this will do.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:03 PM

meh, i don't like it.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:08 PM

Why reraise so much on the turn? Seems a bit excessive to me.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why reraise so much on the turn? Seems a bit excessive to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

any other re-raise is stupid, villain only has 80 left on turn
Old 11-02-2005, 08:20 PM

I like what you're trying to do with him given the read. You have to punish AK cops with turn checkraises. However, this is not the turn card to do it with, if he has QT you just got stacked. Check/call, lead river.

Edit: Leading turn is okay too. I think a C/R is the worst though.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:21 PM

hadn't noticed that.