Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 10:24 PM

Default full ring situation.

I've been occasionally swinging back from 6max into full ring, and I find myself in situations that I'm just not used to anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Help me with this one:

Hero is BB with Q9o. three limpers and the small blind completes. Hero checks.

flop:
K39 twotone

sb bets. Hero...

In shorthandedland this is an autoraise because I might have the best hand, and I don't want any flushies tagging along. I get the feeling that the fullringedness of this situation may tilt it to a fold though, and I'm just not used to making it. Here's why:

1)villain just bet into a bigger crowd than I will see in 6max. He needs a relatively stronger hand to do so.
2)If I raise here, I'm committing myself to
-calling a reraise -or-
-calling or betting on the turn and river if I get HU

Therefore the majority of the time I need to have a better hand than villain right now to make the initial flop raise.

I can't just call because then I'm inviting everyone else to outdraw me, and I may have to call a lp raise anyway.

-{quick, everyone tell Guruman to get a read on his opponents before raising them!}-

Yeah yeah, reads right? Well, in 6max I'm ahead here often enough to make this raise on my first hand at the table.

Is that still the case in full ring?
Old 11-18-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: full ring situation.

I find myself in the same situation when I move between full ring and 6 max. This is an easy fold at full ring without reads, at 6 max, I'd agree with the raise.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: full ring situation.

3 limpers is 3 limpers whether is 6-max or 20-max. Usually fold without an aggressive read on SB - a raise isn't going to make a "flushie" fold.