Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Interesting Question About NFL Parlays

Ok, so I'm fairly new to sports betting and this was the first week I ever tried Parlays and Teasers...

I did a 7 Game Parlay with the following Teams
$33.75 to win about $680.. to be paid $713 total
1) Bengals +3
2) Vikings -2.5
3) Broncos -1
4) Giants Straight up
5) Chargers Straight
6) Bears Straight
7) Patriots Straight

and...

I did a 6pt 5 Team Teaser with the following spreads
$100 to win $450.. to be paid $550 total
1) Bills +11
2) Bengals +9
3) Cowboys +9
4) Saints +9.5
5) Eagles +10

Now, as the early games on Sunday were coming to a close, and I was perfect through all of them, I realized that the 1 tough game left on my 7 Team Parlay was the Denver Broncos(-1) at Kansas City. The other two were New England straight vs. Jets, and Chargers straight vs. Raiders (I was hoping these were Locks). Now I figured I had $700 to be paid as long as the Broncos won and covered 1. So I thought if I bet $350 on the Chiefs, then I would win $350 no matter who won.

I decided not to and watched the game. The Broncos D was giving up big plays, and the Chiefs were flying through the Broncos Defense right before Halftime. At this point I realized I could still bet $350 (in a game I considered a coin flip) on the Chiefs as a 2nd half wager, because the score was Tied.

So my question is.. Should I have made this bet on the Chiefs before the game? Should I have definitely made it at Halftime?

The same thing happened in my 5 Game Teaser. It came down to Monday Night Football, Eagles at home (I need Eagles +10). I could bet $275 on the Seahawks(-4) and be paid a minimum of $275 (much more if Seahawks won between 5-9pts).

So does anyone know if this strategy can be used when it comes down to 1 Game? Should I always exercise this option when the situation rises? Or am I losing value by making these bets? Your Opinions are Appreciated. Thanks,

-Pete