Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Saabpo account closed

After a lot of nagging of Party/skin support, Empire finally gets back to me thusly:

"Thank you for contacting customer support.

The day we received the mail, we started with the investigation for the same.The account "saabpo" has already been closed based on the complaints and subsequent investigation. For any investigation to reach a conclusion we also need to hear what the player has to say. We have given the player a weeks time to contact us about this matter.

We are very sorry for the delay in this matter and we will do everything in our power to resolve this as soon as possible.

We need another 3-5 working days to close on the issue

You can also contact us at 1-866-304-5454 and ask for "Investigations Team". We would be glad to assist you with this."

Well good; I'm not letting this issue go until I get a final summary of what they did to the schmuk.

There were those on other forums here who were assessing saabpo's actual results and forming their opinions based on how much of a threat it was to their profitability. Honestly, and with all due respect, I think those posters were completely missing the point. It DOESN'T MATTER if saabpo was a winning bot; winner or loser it was a substantial threat to the integrity of our games. Party/skins need to know that we won't accept ANY kind of automated player, and we'll be all over thier asses if they don't do something about it when they catch one. So kudos to everyone who emailed them.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Saabpo account closed

I didnt follow the entire thread...Was there actually a question as to whether it was a "winning" bot or not? Are people around here that stubborn that they really think someone is going to run a bot that continuously that loses?

And even if it is just winnning a small amount, that becomes a bigger amount spread among its clones, and even bigger as its descendents get even better....
Old 03-02-2005, 12:11 PM

I think most of the analysis was used to analyse the extreme style of play and its effectiveness. What better way to test the all in or fold preflop strategy than look at the performance of a bot. Since it's not ethical I won't run a bot of my own but if someone else has we might as well use the information.

While there are some that don't care I think most did but still were interested in the results for this reason.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:35 PM

A winning strategy is a winning strategy. People may decide to use this strategy now that they've seen it (albeit bot) win. I just hope people don't start crying 'bot' to Empire/Party every day now.
This could be a huge problem for online poker now that we know the bots are out there (and now can win).
Old 03-02-2005, 01:44 PM

It won't be that hard for the sites to come up with measures to frustrate the bots, although it will probably be a pain for the rest of us. I hope they start doing it soon.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:04 PM

This is good news and I hope evreyone gets a chance to see it.

As for security measures, it really wouldn't be that hard, just pop up one of those pictures with the text in it after 2 hours of table-play (not table hours, since people multi-table, and also so it doesn't mess with data-mining). It only has to be 2 characters, and let the player type it in like they do when they sign up, and if it's right they stay logged on, if it's wrong give them another. 3 chances, just like usual, and since it's really short, nobody should be able to complain about it timing them out. If you can't get 2 characters into a text box in 20 seconds, then I really don't care what you think.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:38 PM

You can't keep a good bot like SAABPO down. With his winning strategy, he'll just change his name and keep playing like the pimp that he is.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:56 PM

funny sh1t
Old 03-02-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is good news and I hope evreyone gets a chance to see it.

As for security measures, it really wouldn't be that hard, just pop up one of those pictures with the text in it after 2 hours of table-play (not table hours, since people multi-table, and also so it doesn't mess with data-mining). It only has to be 2 characters, and let the player type it in like they do when they sign up, and if it's right they stay logged on, if it's wrong give them another. 3 chances, just like usual, and since it's really short, nobody should be able to complain about it timing them out. If you can't get 2 characters into a text box in 20 seconds, then I really don't care what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you duder, but I only occasionally get good tables that last 2 hours. And that whole image recognition thing has been broken at rates greater than what would be reasonable for 3 chances to discern the characters.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't keep a good bot like SAABPO down. With his winning strategy, he'll just change his name and keep playing like the pimp that he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was you, its the work of a genius!

Sheriff