Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 07:37 PM

Default dealing with clueless colluders

I played in a 37 person tourney last night at someone's house. At one point a husband and wife were at the same table and it was fairly obvious that they didn't really understand the "finer" points of tournament poker.
Example: he'd flop a pair of aces and bet very little. She'd call and turn the nut flush. They'd check the turn and river.
It was very obvious what they were doing so one of the people running the tournament gave them a warning. My friend (who was also running the tourney) decided to take matters into his own hands and next time they high-carded to see who got moved, he made sure that the wife got the Ace.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: dealing with clueless colluders

This scared me- " My friend (who was also running the tourney) decided to take matters into his own hands and next time they high-carded to see who got moved, he made sure that the wife got the Ace. "

How did he make sure she got the ace- is he a mechanic? I'd be much more worried about that, than some soft-playing mistakes.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:29 AM

Careful with soft play; check out my post from three weeks ago.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1
Old 08-13-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did he make sure she got the ace- is he a mechanic? I'd be much more worried about that, than some soft-playing mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel like I should clarify. The tournament "directors" walked around throughout the game and when it came time to change tables they would high card from a deck they either had with them or used the table's cards. He prestacked the deck before he came over to high card.
And it wasn't a few amateurish soft-playing mistakes. It was a constant problem of them not following tournament rules etc. They had been confronted after each violation, but apparently were not taking it very seriously.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:31 PM

I read your post. Seems quite similar to the situation at the tourny I played in...except without the BBQ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 11:21 AM

Whenever I play at a home game, a husband and wife are always seated at separate tables. If they both make the final table, well, breaking their kneecaps should get the point across pretty well.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:11 AM

would you be happier if one dumped all their chips off to the other on a hand where they shouldn't?