Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 11:34 AM

Default KKK on 4flush board. Proper river bet?

MP2 is LAG: VPIP 92, PFR 7 (for 27 hands)

Not bet river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 02-22-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: KKK on 4flush board. Proper river bet?

I would have checked behind on the river. If he has a spade he will call your bet. If he has the A he will raise you. I canīt see him calling without a spade.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:01 PM

IMO This is an easy value bet. Villain would likely still call top pair down. Villain could have a strong hand he wants to show down (2p or a even a set) but is afraid of the 3-flush. There's plenty of worse hands that he'll call with.

Do some poking around the archives for 'Clarkmeister's theorem.' Technically, its for when your OOP but it advocates betting the river on a 4-flush HU whether you've got the flush or not. Here's an example.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I canīt see him calling without a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

well start seeing it because it happens.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. Similar board for me in a hand last night, only I had AK. I got called down by Krag, and MHIG.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:58 PM

Surely bet fold though?

Mack
Old 02-22-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Ed Miller has recently said some of the advice here is too aggressive...I wonder what he would say about this. I guess I'm weak b/c I would check as well.
How likely is it that villan has the case King? Is it more likely than him chasing an A or 2-pair? It'd better be signficantly more likely, because there's no way he's calling without either a king OR a spade, unless he made a straight, in which case hero is still beat.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely bet fold though?

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack - are you mackthefork on party .5/1? I think I've played quite a few hands with you over the last couple of weeks.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mack - are you mackthefork on party .5/1? I think I've played quite a few hands with you over the last couple of weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i stepped down to 50/1 from 1/2 3 weeks ago to try out some ideas from SSHE that i wasn't comfortable with, seems to be working well so far.

BTW if you haven't read this thread you should interesting reading, I don't think it'll make me change anything in my game at the moment but it certainly wards off the complacency that can come with being comfortable at a limit, as stated by several people this thread is both dangerous and enlightening.

You play too tight

Regards Mack
Old 02-22-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah i stepped down to 50/1 from 1/2 3 weeks ago to try out some ideas from SSHE that i wasn't comfortable with, seems to be working well so far.

BTW if you haven't read this thread you should interesting reading, I don't think it'll make me change anything in my game at the moment but it certainly wards off the complacency that can come with being comfortable at a limit, as stated by several people this thread is both dangerous and enlightening.

You play too tight

Regards Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

That thread definitely got me thinking. I think that it has helped me make some money already. Blind steals, isolating loose limpers, etc. It all kinds of blows my mind. My VPIP is even approaching 17!

As a result, I've been spending more time browsing the small stakes, and HUSH forums, mostly with respect to play in the blinds.