Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 03:34 AM

Default JJ against 6 opponants

are you raising this preflop? i figure now my JJ is mainly going to be good if i get a set and bad if i dont. should i have raised here or should i have just called and saw how the flop was? is the turn fold good? i had no reads. thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 09-09-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: JJ against 6 opponants

I would bet/fold the turn.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do that against fewer players. Against 4 I feel like you're just going to get called by a K an awful lot and be stuck in the same spot on the river. Maybe check and raise a button bet? Easy fold as it played out.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:18 AM

I would have come out betting the turn, folded to a raise. The way you played it, fold is good here.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you raising this preflop? i figure now my JJ is mainly going to be good if i get a set and bad if i dont. should i have raised here or should i have just called and saw how the flop was? is the turn fold good? i had no reads. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes raise this every time pf. Your JJ is going to hold up a fair amount of times, against a big field like this was, its more likely an A or K is out there, so this fold was ok. But continue to raise this pf, I even 3 bet and cap with it.