Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Uncommon preflop spot 50/100

Party 50/100
Folded around 3 off the button, a seemingly solid player I'm not too familiar with (he seems to be a regular, I'll PM the sn to anyone interested who plays this game often) who openlimps, I limp next in with KTo, CO and button fold, sb limps, BB checks.
Flop: KT8 with a flush draw I have no piece of.
Checked to me, I bet, only the limper calls.
Turn: A no flush
check, bet, call.
River: 9 no flush
check, bet, call.

Postflop seems 100% standard, though if anyone disagrees I'd be glad to hear it, so I'm mainly concerned about preflop.
I don't find myself facing an openlimp from that late from someone whose play I respect very often and I wasn't sure what to do. My hand seems too good to fold, but I'm very unsure of this guy's range and probably not far (if at all) ahead of it, so I didn't want to isolate. So I limped. The fact that the CO and button were tightish and the blinds were morons made me particularly like the limp.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:23 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Uncommon preflop spot 50/100

I don't limp with KTo.

Especially in LMP. If I am coming in, which would be in trying to isolate a weak player, I'm raising it in this spot. The hand just sucks multiway wo why give others the shot at coming in along with you. Even if they are morons in the blinds. This hand does much better HU if possible.

b
Old 08-17-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Uncommon preflop spot 50/100

if youre going to play the hand i cant see why you wouldnt raise. if youre not sure if you are going to be ahead of the limper, so why play the hand at all? your hand is much stronger in heads up situations than multiway. this reminds me alot of those situations in which someone openraises, you look down at 66 and think you want to play it but you feel naughty if you 3bet, so you coldcall instead.