Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Push instead of pull here?

PLO$25 9-handed

4 limpers and I limp A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from button. Blinds play.

Flop (7 with $1.75): K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check-check-check-check-minbet-call-call-?

So, the pot is $2.50 to me on the button. I have nut flush draw, gutshot nut str8, bottom pr.

I just called hoping to win a big pot by making a nut hand in a pot with lots of folks getting a piece of the board. I can see a case for raising here as just calling a min bet with likely the best drawing hand seems weak, but why not taking the cheap draw if offered? No sense scaring out the worse flush draws if out there.

Anyway, turn brought offsuit J and there was a $1 bet a couple calls, a terribly weak min raise in front of me and we all called. River paired and I folded.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Push instead of pull here?

I would play it same as you. This small, unraised pot is not worth being aggressive with, and I think you run into a lot of players who will call you with KQ at this level. If you had less than the nut flush draw, or your draw was better (say OESD + flush draw), then I would say go ahead an raise the pot.