Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 11:04 PM

Default General Differences

Sorry for the noob questions....it's where I'm at.

I'm reading posts, links, archives, etc to start learning the 6 max game. There are, of course, obvious differences in the preflop game between 6 max and full. However, as I'm looking at these post discussions and hands, I'm thinking most of the time that the way the hand was played postflop is exactly the way I would have played it in a full game against the descriptions of the opponents.

So...when I'm told of growing pains for full players playing 6 max, is that mostly PF stuff, or am I missing something as I'm reading? I see it's a more aggressive game, so you adjust accordingly...is that about is postflop?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: General Differences

By the lack of responses, I'm guessing my thoughts and observations thus far are way off?..

OK....on with the growing pains then...

I'll have some 6 max hands to post by Friday and look forward to being flamed then.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: General Differences

wookie's little guide

this has most of what you need. otherwise you just need to play and get used to it. basically it's still poker, you just have to adjust hand values and refine your blind play. gl.