Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 11:44 PM

Default How many tables do you play at a time? NL200ish stakes...

I am a SNG player taking a dive into the NL cash game territory (SNGs get boring after a while, it's just push/fold, not saying they are easy, though, I just crave some post-flop play)...

when I play SNGs I have no problems playing 8 at a time, generally at the 55 dollar buy-in level (I have a dual monitor setup with a 2001FP)... however while playing NL200 6max I have only let myself play 3 at a time for now. Obviously in 6max you play a lot more hands and see a lot more orbits....

So how many tables at a time do you play on 6max?

I am thinking about popping it up to 4 or 5 and seeing how things go. Of course this hurts reads, but PokerAceHUD might make up for that?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: How many tables do you play at a time? NL200ish stakes...

usually play 5, but when i get real bored i start getting all jumpy and antsy and open up like 8 tables

its really crazy on one monitor hehe
Old 11-21-2005, 12:08 AM

I hate the mini view and I still played 5tables thru creative positioning, but I found I began to rely too much on my pf hand & could not read people based on timing, thus I moved down to 3 or 4
Old 11-21-2005, 12:09 AM

I can do 4 without too much problem, but if there aren't too many juicy tables, then I would prefer to play 2 or 3 well instead of adding another less profitable one.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:10 AM

I switched from NL100 6max on a different site to the Party NL200 6max awhile back. I was 4-tabling on the old site, but Party was faster, so I 3-tabled for a while, eventually added a table, and now comfortably 4-table. I have two monitors as well, play on one and use the other for PT and browsing. I've 5 and 6 tabled, but I've found 4 is the most comfortable and profitable for me.