Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2003, 08:16 PM

Default Peter Artnett article in TV Guide

A TV Guide article about Peter Arnett in the collumn The Robbins Report is funny in all the wrong ways. It appears the article has been taken off their website ( http://www.tvguide.com/magazine/robins/030331.asp ) so I'll reprint the juicest lines.

[i]If you were watching NBC when the war with Iraq began, you were also witnessing the redemption of Peter Arnett. As NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw said to him during a recnet live report from Baghdad: "Go ahead, Peter, you're in charge."

...his reporting in the first week of the war was rich with the perspective and expertise of someone who knows the situation cold.

For Arnett, the Iraq war is nothing short of a professional resurrection.

...Arnet says via phone from the Iraqi capital. "I was resentful and wanted a way to redeem myself. Now (Turner and Johnson) are gone, the Iraqis have thrown out the CNN crew and I'm still here. Any satisfaction in that? Ha, ha, ha ha."

..."The Iraqis have let me stay because they see me as a fellow warrior," Arnett says. "They know I might not agree with them, but I've got their respect."

Old 04-02-2003, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Peter Artnett article in TV Guide

I'll keep harping on this point, remember NBC's original response was a defense of Arnett. So I believe NBC thought he was doing a good job. One can only speculate about the change of heart by NBC.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Peter Artnett article in TV Guide

This thread is supposed to be about TV Guide making an ass of itself- not a rehash of NBC making an ass of itself. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]