Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Another defending the BI: H/L

Anyone reraise this on third? I was pretty sure this guy was on a pure steal.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.33 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.67 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.67 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (6.67 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (8.67 BB)
Old 06-06-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Another defending the BI: H/L

When i decide that an opponent is trying to steal, i almost always raise (can't think of a time that i've just called), since calling isn't much of a defense. i also like to bring-in-re-raise a lot, to discourage people from raising my bring in. i think your hand is easily good enough to justify a defense against an aggressive player, esp if the ante is big.

that said, i may have slowed down a bit when he hit that ace, but i'd probably bet out since he checked anyway.

nh
Old 06-07-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Another defending the BI: H/L

If he can have anything and you like gambling, go ahead and raise third. Since he could easily have a pair of Sevens, or something that beats a lousy pair of fours, I would probably err on the side of caution and just call.

The other guy raised on third, caught an Ace, and now checks. This smells awfully funny. I would check behind him.

Apart from that, I bet the rest of the way. Nice hand.