Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Online 40/80 -- checking the river when the straight card comes

Here is another hand in the theme of close river decisions to check or value bet. What do you think of my check?

Paradise Poker 40/80 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB
Old 10-07-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Online 40/80 -- checking the river when the straight card comes

[ QUOTE ]
(4 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Online 40/80 -- checking the river when the straight card comes

[ QUOTE ]
Here is another hand in the theme of close river decisions to check or value bet. What do you think of my check?

Paradise Poker 40/80 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think your opponent will call with any pair then you should bet again. If you think your opponent will never checkraise bluff you in this spot, you should also bet. Betting this river is very opponent dependent for me. In general with no reads I would check behind.