Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Hand from a multi table tourney

Not much read I just arrived at this table.
Blind of 75/150 with 25 antes

I'm UTG with 66. I limp, UTG + 1 min raise to 300. 6 cold call to me. Should I raise and if so how much ?

My stack is 3k, 1k below average at that point. UTG + 1 has 700 less chips than me...
Old 05-09-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Hand from a multi table tourney

If you did raise it would have to be all-in but with so many people invested in a an already large pot you would almost certainly be called by someone. Just call and hope to hit your set.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 AM

well. There were around 3k chips in the pot.
If I go all in :
1. Someone has a monster call me and I'm a big underdog. I might lose all or have 700 chips left.
2. Someone with AK-AQ call me. I'm a small favorite to win and might triple up. That would bring me to a point were I would be able to push the table around.
3. Everyone folds and I double up.

At that point with a 1k chips below average, I decided to go all in on a semi-bluff all in. the guy who min raised me had KK. His KK held and I was left with 700 chips.

I decided to do so because I was in the middle of 2 loose agressive players, with the 2 largest stack at our table. Every time I was open-raising they often re-raise or flat called and were REALLY agressive if no ace came up after the flop... Really hard table for me...
Old 05-09-2005, 11:13 AM

i'd fold pre-flop, but after limping i'd definitely just call. if you flop your set you're going to win a huge pot since you can check and let the PFR on your left bet, trapping the whole field.