Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 05:17 PM

Default QJs in SB

2nd orbit around the table. MP2 hasn't been involved in a lot of hands so no reads yet. MP3 has been involved in several hands and just had a set lose to a rivered straight last hand.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

What's my line on the river and why?
Old 12-10-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: QJs in SB

Bet/Fold, because check/fold and check/call are weaksauce
Old 12-10-2005, 05:25 PM

Hmm. Any ace has you beat. On the good side, I don't see many aces continuing to the river that you wouldn't have heard from already, except maybe A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that peeled in a big pot.

Check/call. You'll get raised by any straights and slowplayed flushes all the time, and I'm not putting 2 bets in the river if I can avoid it. Easy muck if there's a bet and a raise.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot a little big for a bet/fold? I hate missing value bets more than almost anyone else on this forum, but this board is ugly. If we weren't tied to the pot, I'd love a bet/fold.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:34 PM

I don't understand the preflop raise when we have the worst position for the rest of the hand.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the way you played the hand so far I think this is your ony option.

[ QUOTE ]
MP3 has been involved in several hands and just had a set lose to a rivered straight last hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a read this is a statement, how he played that set is the read.

Preflop - 1 We are out of position and I think we need at least 2 more limpers to make this an equity raise with a multiway hand. 2 I think I just complete.
Flop - the preflop raise got us into a pickle cause we hit this flop. 1 Since we raised I think we have to bet it cause having this draw heavy board checked through sucks. 2 Had we not raised Pre then I like a check here with the intent of raising a bet from your right or calling a bet that comes from the left. I hate our position and we have very few clean outs on this coordinated board. If flop comes 2 back to us by us not raising preflop we've made the pot small enough we can fold IMO.
Turn - 1 the way you played it bet/fold.
2 Without the preflop raise it depends heavily on the flop action, probably check/call since you gained some more "dirty" (since your straight draw may allready be against a flush) outs. I don't think check/fold would be terrible either.
River - bet/fold no matter what way you played it.

1 - my line considering the preflop raise
2 - my line of choice
Old 12-10-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the preflop raise when we have the worst position for the rest of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I agree with this. I'd sometimes try this OTB with this many limpers and always try it OTB with one more limper but I rarely pull this from SB.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/Fold, because check/fold and check/call don't cost enough and I hate money

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 12-10-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
MP3 has been involved in several hands and just had a set lose to a rivered straight last hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a read this is a statement, how he played that set is the read.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played it very passively, just calling one bet each on the flop and turn and two bets on the river. The river card put an inside straight on the board.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I agree with this. I'd sometimes try this OTB with this many limpers and always try it OTB with one more limper but I rarely pull this from SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a newbie. OTB? What does this mean? Off the blind?