Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 04:35 AM

Default PS $3 rebuy hand

So I ended up placing 4th in this tourney so no complaints (lost to QT from big stack preflop w/ 88 -- would have been 2nd if I won). But I would be interested in how people play this hand:

after rebuy period
blinds 200/400

Hero has 26000
villain has 28000
MP has 6000

Villain UTG raise to 1200, he has been raising more than normal
Hero calls (???) w/ AKos
MP goes all in (6000)
Villain calls

Hero ????

Best,

Tex
Old 11-26-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: PS $3 rebuy hand

Think I was at your table for a while, sucking out and getting sucked out on. Loved the guy who couldn't help betting every single flop he ever saw. Congrats on the 3rd place. Was a real maniac tourney for me. Those flat payout structures really suck and makes me gambool. Really need to FT to get a decent payday.

About the hand, really depends on reads. If UTG seems like a solid player, I probably lay this down. Raising from UTG signals strength, and flat calling the reraise with a person still to act also signals strength. Off course if he is a donk, he probably just sees all the chips he might win and can make that call with anything. If the latter, I push. Seems like a good spot to get a huge stack, some people seems to have problems realising that a push after the rebuy is something entirely different than before the rebuy. And you might get called by AT-AQ if he is donktastic.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:49 PM

Melch's analysis is spot on.

Results:

MP had QKs, and Villain called with .... 22 [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I folded fearing a big pair from Villain and of course an A hit on the flop and I would have really built my stack. Pushing is proly best here (after the re-raise and call) since the donkastic quotient must be something like 80/20.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:40 PM

I think your hand is so diguised, that I like a push here.

Yeah, he may be just calling with AA to trap, but its more likely that he has AQ or a smaller pair. You'd like to get this pot heads up I think, and even if he calls, you probably are 50/50.